Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

MetTel lands 2 EIS task orders in February [telecom]
by Dave Nyczepir MetTel secured its first two task orders, worth hundreds of millions of dollars each, under the government's flagship telecommunications and network modernization contract in...

How different would your life be after a 30-day money cleanse? [telecom]
We followed one woman who saved a bundle in just one month. Could it work for you too? Author: Danielle Serino CLEVELAND - Nearly three quarters of us are living paycheck to paycheck, and Bridgette...

FCC to Propose Fining AT&T, Verizon, Sprint and T-Mobile $200M for Sharing Customer Location Data [telecom]
The United States Federal Communication Commission is expected to propose fining AT&T, T-Mobile, Verizon, and Sprint $200 million in total for improperly disclosing real-time customer location data,...

Fire at Escondido AT&T Building Impacts 911 Dispatch, Other Phone Calls [telecom]
By Karla Rendon-Alvarez Some Escondido residents and 911 dispatchers were unable to complete phone calls Thursday following an early morning fire at an AT&T building. Crews received a report of the...

Thanks, Qualcomm: Mandatory 5G means phones now ship with disabled 5G modems [telecom]
Pay for a 5G modem you can never use, thanks to Qualcomm's Snapdragon 865 design. By Ron Amadeo It's Qualcomm's world, and we're all just living in it. Phones are starting to trickle onto the market...

Re: 911 operators couldn't trace the location of a dying
My first question is if this was basically a sad tragic accident, but a very rare occurrence. I thought cell phones have GPS that the police can access. But I guess apartment complexes make that a...

911 operators couldn't trace the location [telecom]
> 911 operators couldn't trace the location of a dying student's phone. > It's a growing issue. Is it? I read this piece of YKW* and immediately wondered who her source was, and why she wrote it. It's...

AT&T Proposes Tweaks to FCC's C-Band Auction Plan [telecom]
WASHINGTON - While AT&T generally approves of the FCC's proposed plan for making C-band spectrum previously used for fixed satellite service available for 5G development, it does have a few tweaks...

CWA reaches tentative agreement with AT&T Southwest Mobility [telecom]
The Communications Workers of America (CWA) reached a tentative agreement with AT&T on a new four-year contract for Southwest Mobility workers, according to a release. The CWA AT&T Southwest Mobility...

T-Mobile claims it didn't lie about 4G coverage, says FCC
Disputed speed tests found that T-Mobile exaggerated coverage in FCC filings. By Jon Brodkin T-Mobile says the Federal Communications Commission screwed up 4G measurements in a report that accused the...

Prolonging battery life [telecom]
Tech Tuesday: Prolonging battery life MADISON (WMTV) -- Tuesday is National Battery Day, so in this Tech Tuesday segment AT&T's Caleb Drolshagen has some tips to help juice your battery life and keep...

Serial TCPA Plaintiff Suffers Another Defeat [telecom]
The United States District Court for the District of Connecticut recently dealt another blow to serial TCPA plaintiff, Gorss Motels, Inc., granting summary judgment to the defendant in Gorss Motels,...

My smart car rental was a breeze - until I got trapped in the
My smart car rental was a breeze - until I got trapped in the woods Kari Paul in San Francisco Tue 18 Feb 2020 I rented a car through the Gig app. But when I lost cellphone service, I found myself...

Californians' class-action against AT&T over phone speeds can proceed [telecom]
By Bob Egelko Consumers in California can proceed with a class-action suit against AT&T for slowing down data speeds on mobile phones despite a promise of unlimited service, a federal appeals court...

Homeowner confronts CenturyLink crew [telecom]
Homeowner confronts CenturyLink crew, leads to aggressive 911 call OMAHA, Neb. (WOWT)-- Strangers in an Omaha backyard led to an angry confrontation with a homeowner and then a call to police. The...