Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Shreveport phone connections to Paratransit severed [telecom]
SporTran's main fiber line connecting the agencies' telephone system was cut Wednesday morning. As a result, telephone service to all SporTran facilities, including LiftLine (paratransit), is still...

Home Alone [telecom]
by Philip P. Gura There's an old Yiddish saying, passed down to me from my grandparents, that is worth recalling in these uncertain and potentially infectious times: "When three people say you're...

Understanding Telemarketing Law [telecom]
What is Telemarketing Law? Understanding the complexities of telemarketing law is challenging. Under federal law, telemarketing is defined as "the initiation of a telephone call or message for the...

FCC Proposes Over $200 Million In Fines To AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile And Sprint For Not Protecting Customers' Location Data [telecom]
by Ernesto Mendieta On February 28, 2020, the Federal Communications Commission proposed fines amounting to over $200 million dollars against the four largest wireless carriers in the U.S., alleging...

AT&T statement on company eforts to deal with Covid-19 [telecom]
As our company responds to COVID-19, the health and safety of our employees and customers remains our top priority. The work we do is critical to millions of people and companies around the world, and...

Verizon Outage - Users can't make calls & cell service down for many users [telecom]
Verizon the company that offers mobile and landline communications services, including broadband internet, is currently down & facing an outage at many locations. The issue is widespread & has...

Historic CT phone, broadband giant floats possible bankruptcy filing [telecom]
By Alexander Soule For the first time, Frontier Communications filed a formal notification with Main Street investors that it may file for bankruptcy protection, as the company toils under some $17...

Verizon Unions Win Model Paid Leave Policy for Coronavirus [telecom]
Verizon Unions Win Model Paid Leave Policy for Coronavirus - Will Other Unions Demand the Same? The unions representing 34,000 workers at Verizon have negotiated paid leave for union members who can't...

AT&T CEO addresses major surge in mobile, Wi-Fi usage as more
Coronavirus pandemic has led to more people relying on the internet By Julia Alexander AT&T's networks have seen a surge of usage since companies around the United States have asked employees to work...

UT: Centurylink Internet Reported Out [telecom]
By Rickell-Jed Burnham Interenet is out in Stockton Utah and all over in Tooele county. Have talked to many with Century link and they are all having issues so far. Even ran into several people at...

Ziply Fiber announces acquisition of Frontier [telecom]
By Jennifer Passaro Improved internet service is coming to North Idaho. Ziply Fiber, a high-speed internet company based in Kirkland, Wash., purchased the Northwest operations of Frontier...

Colorado: You can't fight City Hall - or apparently, the PUC [telecom]
In the March 14 edition of the Sentinel, writer Charles Ashby reported on a plan to increase the 911 surcharge on all Coloradans. For me it was a head slapping, "I told them so" moment. You see, in...

Current and Former CenturyLink Residential and Small Business Customers May Be Eligible for a Payment from a Settlement [telecom]
MINNEAPOLIS, March 20, 2020 The following is being released by CenturyLink and Settlement Class Counsel from the law firms Zimmerman Reed LLP, O'Mara Law Group, and Geragos & Geragos APC for In re:...

Texting with my sister [humor]
A conversation via text message with my sister: Sister: How are you two doing? Bill: We're fine: in fact, I'm already inoculated against any new virus. Sister: There is no inoculation for this one...

Charter Communications finally updates its work-from-home policy [telecom]
By William Derringer Charter Communications is upgrading its work-from-home policy Thursday, adhering to countless records from workers that stated the business had actually needed them to report to...