Latest threads in General Telecommunications Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Metro Atlanta Internet usage up 30 percent in pandemic, ISPs say [telecom]
By Leon Stafford Some of metro Atlanta's largest Internet providers - Comcast, AT&T and EarthLink - say online data usage has surged by double digits as the area deals with the coronavirus pandemic....

Gov. Newsom Asked to Delay 5G Until Safety Is Tested [telecom]
California is divided on the implementation of 5G: many are concerned of the potential adverse health effects it could cause, while others believe it could help make remote learning and working...

MN: AG Keith Ellison Continues Frontier Investigation Despite Company Bankruptcy [telecom]
A state-led investigation into Frontier Communications' business practices will continue regardless of the company's filing for chapter 11 bankruptcy, Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison...

Faltering cell service hinders communication in storm-hit Chattanooga region [telecom]
By Mary Fortune Cell phones have been unreliable this week for thousands of people digging out from overwhelming damage after tornadoes swept through the region Sunday night, leaving many in the dark...

VT: AT&T Balloon Test [telecom]
AT&T / FirstNet: Balloon Test Notice for Mendon, VT New Cingular Wireless PCS, LLC ("AT&T"), for itself and the federal First Responder Network Authority ("FirstNet"), proposes to install a 140'...

If you work at Google, please get in touch with me [nfp]
If you work at Google, I need your help. I've been helping the Big 8 Board to regain access to its Google G Suite Legacy Free account, but on Thursday, I accidentally deleted it. Yes, me, your...

AT&T gave FCC false broadband-coverage data in parts of 20 states [telecom]
By Jon Brodkin AT&T falsely reported to the Federal Communications Commission that it offers broadband in nearly 3,600 census blocks spread across parts of 20 states. AT&T disclosed the error to the...

Mississippi Supreme Court Unanimously Upholds Ruling To Award C Spire With State Technology Contract [telecom]
By C Spire RIDGELAND, Miss., April 16, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- C Spire today announced that its new contract with the Mississippi Department of Information Technology Services (ITS) will move forward...

Re: Remote Covid-19 study
Another try... https://www.nih.gov/news-events/news-releases/nih-begins-study-quantify-undetected-cases-coronavirus-infection.

[telecom] Millions Are Hounded for Debt They Don't Owe. One
On the morning a debt collector threatened to rape his wife, Andrew Therrien was working from home, in a house with green shutters on a cul-de-sac in a small Rhode Island town. Tall and stocky, with a...

[telecom] the risks of mass announcements in a Corona environment
So I just got a robot call from the NYC Department of Health in regards to C-19. Aside from the misleading info in it, and no way to ask it to "repeat", and lots of fadeouts... T-Mobile flagged it as...

Verizon provides service through virtual contact [telecom]
Days-of-future-past department: Verizon deployed a new tool to serve residential and small business customers who need repairs for their wireline voice, data or video services. This new tool is a...

Frontier Communications Files for Bankruptcy Protection [telecom]
Norwalk-based Frontier Communications Corporation has filed for bankruptcy protection. CNBC reports that the company said it would file for bankruptcy protection as it restructures to cut more than...

Text Messaging In A Time Of COVID-19: FCC Guidance On "Emergency
by Tiffany Cheung and Adam Hunt With nearly half of the United States population being either urged or ordered to stay at home and avoid all non-essential travel in light of the COVID-19 crisis,...

COVID-19: What Communications Service Providers Need to Know -- April 13, 2020 [telecom]
As the COVID-19 pandemic rapidly unfolds, the Federal Communications Commission ("FCC") has been active to keep communications services available through various waivers, extensions, and other...