Wireless CCTV - video viewable on web

Hi

I want to be able to monitor my back garden when I am out of the house. I want the video to be streamed via some sort of CCTV or webcam, and I want to be able to stream the video via the net for me to view at work.

Ideally can the CCTv.webcams be connected wirelessy to my home PC and streamed via my broadband web connection?

Can you please advise what I need to do to make this happen?

Many thanks Paul

Reply to
hasta
Loading thread data ...

Yes this is possible. You will need a camera with a wireless transmitter and receiver to couple to your PC via a capture card. Then set up your broadband port forwarding to enable remote viewing with compatible software. I would advise you speak to a local company to see what will suit your situation and the pricing for the required components.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Do you sell the necessary products that I require? If so, do you sell via the web?

I'm actually considering starting up a new business venture based around this system and am keen to find a suitable supplier?

Thanks Paul snipped-for-privacy@thewebbureau.com

formatting link

Reply to
hasta

Hi

Thanks for your response.

Do you sell the necessary products that I require? If so, do you sell via the web?

I'm actually considering starting up a new business venture based around this system and am keen to find a suitable supplier?

Thanks Paul snipped-for-privacy@thewebbureau.com

formatting link

Reply to
hasta

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.