WELCOME ... to ME ..first time in this NG - take a bit of time over me

Ok ..might hang out here a while ..i have passing interest always in security and a break in to my garage and a bike stolen from garden shows theres scum around

I purchased wireless cams , crap sent them back

I purchased WIRED cams , never got around to installing as it turns out i have concrete eves are a nightmare to drill through . also the software looked buggy and pcture not great so currently dont seem worth the effort

I purchased a £90 software card out of maplin only to find that want that good either

I was recommened a LOREX card but dont seem to be available at a decent price in UK, not got round to purchasing from states yet.

Does anybody here agree LOREX card is worth a try , they are decent quality at decent price without going professional route with professional prices ?

Ok also want to protect the garden on the cheap , want to set up a kinda sting to try and catch the scum ..any ideas

Reply to
securiy
Loading thread data ...

ah ! looks like i will be talking to myself hardly any posts

Reply to
securiy

Never tried LOREX but have done a few budget installs for customers using their own PC to monitor cams. If you have enough Hdd space and a decent card, all you need is a decent camera and you are away. Don't try to save money on the cams as the quality of images will be depleted (especially night view). You get what you pay for in this industry. Good luck.

Reply to
Paul

Hi Agree with Paul you only get what you pay for but if you paid £90 for a card consider a buget DVR for around £110 they have 4 input and an 80gig drive AND come with all the software you need for real time monitoring,just network into your PC. As for your garden there are some nice radio quad pir's out there designed for external use (IP 56) these could be used to turn on lights camera's or if complient with HSE and BS rules a high speed Gatlin Gun.(!!!)

Reply to
cj

For a domestic dwelling I think that you should be fine with a 4 channel DVD

• reasonable quality cameras with PIR lights illuminating the area. Take care with positioning as the Iris of a camera will shut down if looking into a light. An audible alarm generated from the PIR's or a break beam sounding inside the house but loud enough to be heard externally should complete the system.

Cheers John.

Reply to
John Ferrier

"break beam sounding inside the house "

I like the sound of this but concernd about false alarms ..i liked the sound of a unit called roboguard , two pirs at different heights but expensive at £600

Any ideas for homebuild , wanting something cheap but reliable ?

its surprising how much sleep you lose to these scum do no real harm but REALLY dont like the idea of people creeping about especially with kids in the house

Reply to
securiy

"if complient with HSE and BS rules a high speed Gatlin Gun.(!!!)"

if only .i beleive in texas its legal to shoot trespassers but good old UK eh !

I found an item on ebay , you put a blank cartridge in it , im considering putting something tasty out and buying it to attach just for the fun of it to see the scum run but not sure if legal

Used to live in a flat , moved to a semi , never used to have these worries but its all very open and very easy for the scum to wander up the drive i dont want to turn the place into fort knox , but its very easy to take these incidents out of propertion and become very paranoid

I have 4 cams and spare PC , but the cards seems to be the failing ... budget ones off ebay dont seem to have ny real configuration and some of butons in chinese , the maplin one wsnt much better in my opinion

Anybody out there got an old what they consider GOOD card for PC they want to stick on ebay for me to buy?

Reply to
securiy

aww you got bored with me

Reply to
securiy

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.