Veritas 8 door trigger

My Veritas 8 based system has started setting off the alarm the moment I open my front door. Before I leave the house, I do as I have always done, put the code in, press FULL and go. I get the usual grace beeps, one type while I am still on the premises, changing to the normal type when I close the door behind me. But now, when I come home and open the door expecting the grace period, the alarm just goes off anyway. What could be causing this ? Cheers, Gary

Reply to
threlly
Loading thread data ...

Hi Gary,

Need more information. Have you recently re-programmed the alarm code or accidentally entered programming mode. Is there a detector in the entry hall or looking at the door from another room.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Various possibilities, Door contact not opening at all and pir in access area triggering alarm instantly.(because contact not triggered first) Another pir (not in access area) seeing movement. Programming changed and door contact no longer programmed as entry/exit Programmning changed and pir in access area no longer programmed as access Programming changed and entry timer too short.

Really need more info on layout to give best advice

Reply to
BIG NIGE

U got insomnia Paul !!!!!!!! or is it an early Start.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Yes it was an early start mate. But hey, I've just got home and I now have about 14 hours before it all starts again.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Hi, There is a contact on the front door and a PIR mid-hall looking towards the door, there are no other PIR's that can see the hall. It would make sense I suppose if the door contact had not functioned correctly and the PIR in the hall had been the first to 'see' me. I have not changed any programming on the box etc. I'll check to see if the door contact is still seated correctly. Many Thanks.

Reply to
threlly

Cover the PIR with some paper and then test the setting of the system, and then come back in and unset, if it doesn't alarm or start the count down then you know it's probably the door contacts.

Reply to
SantaUK

Just beware that if it's a dual-tech with anti-masking, that will either set it off, or cause it to generate a tamper alarm (depending on make). Admittedly, most home PIR's are not dual-tech, unless it's a top quality installation.

Good idea.

I don't know the Veritas 8, but does it not have some type of walk test mode for checking sensors?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Yes it does have a walk test, it also has a chime feature that could be activated on the front door (provided the OP knows which zone No it is)

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.