Re: LOOKING FOR "DUAL MODE" CCTV cameras

This seems to be about the "best fit" newsgroup for this question........... >

> I'm looking for (a) the manufacturer/model no. of CCTV cameras which > automatically apply/remove an IR-cut filter and which are suitable for home > security (say 10m - 15m IR range with a 1/3" CCD). > > Please NOTE .... I'm in the UK !!! > (I've found a US company that makes/sells them - but that's no use here in > the UK.) > > FYI: "dual mode cameras have a mechanism built into the camera module > that will remove the IR-cut filter from in front of the image sensor > allowing an increased spectrum of light to be received."

A cheap Swann camera I use has an automatic switch between IR and colour depending on the lighting level. However it operates independantly across the field of vision -- i.e. a dark area can be operating in IR mode whilst a brighter object is visible in full colour at the same time. You couldn't do this if you had to move an IR filter in/out.

uk.tech.electronic-security is a more relevant group (cross-posted).

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.