omnicron 90005 troubles after power failure

Posted this already to alt.security.alarms; a group user suggested i post here, also.

Anyone happen to know how to resolve the following problem? Omnicron 90005 domestic alarm box - fitted for a while (it's old but seems/ed to work 100%) has stopped working altogether. A fuse in the main consumer unit blew so i guess the box was running off the battery (?) for a couple of days and today, the siren/bell started wailing. The siren/bell stopped after a little while but now there box appears to be completely dead - no lights, no functionality whatsoever. I've not tried opening the box up or anything in case i make things worse. Any pointers to get the thing going again? Does it need to be somehow reset or does the battery need changing? Now that there is electricity going to the thing, i'd have at least thought it would have lit up etc. Complete novice with these matters, in case it's not obvious. tia. mojo.

Reply to
mojohotmail
Loading thread data ...

If the unit was working before this happened you should be able to re-boot with a new battery. Because the battery went flat and is probably the original, it will not recharge. Hope this helps

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Are you absolutely SURE that mains power is getting to the panel, because even with a dead battery the system should operate.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Reply to
mojohotmail

I thought this was one of those units that required a battery to be connected. Don't quote me though as it has been a few years since I touched an Omnicron.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

The 7000 & 8000 didnt have to have a battery to light the power light so I assume the 9000 didnt (I could be wrong) but I think it is more likely that the mains is not getting through to the panel (could even be an internal fuse)

Reply to
BIG NIGE

battery) user code may have defaulted to 1234

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Reply to
mojohotmail

up, checking to see if there's any juice in the battery and to also make sure no internal fuse has blown? not that it'll make any difference (not while there's not juice there), but are there any tamper clips/triggers/switchers that i should be aware of? thanks for all your help. mojo

Yes I would open the box to check for obvious faults. There is a tamper switch on the cover but the unit is powered down so this wont operate until you reinstate the power to the main board.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

If the alarm sounds and your code wont stop it try 1234 in case the system has defaulted.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Reply to
mojohotmail

Reply to
mojohotmail

Please Check your E-Mail.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Hi

Reply to
mojohotmail

No Problem - dont know what size or how old the battery fitted in the panel is but if you dont have proper tools to test it then it would be best to replace it every 5 Years.(Provided it hasnt obviously failed before then).(Write the date on it when fitting)

It will be a 12 volt but the bigger the Amp Hour rating that you can physically fit in the panel the better.

Dont consider less than 2.1ah. A 2.8ah is better - A 7ah is best but I cannot remember if either of these will physically fit in that panel.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.