Newbie would like equipment/supplier information

Hello, we are a satellite TV installation company suppling Satellite TV + Internet connections to ex-pats living in Spain. We are asked on many occassions about burglar alarms, when on site. So with things the wqy they are at the moment, it would seem a good time to add this activity to our portfolio of products and services we currently supply.

Although I have fitted alarms for myself and friends (Melcom/CPC), I am fairly green to what equipment we should be using and who are the reliable suppliers in the UK of the equipment, so I need your constructive advice please.

We aim to fit mid price range equipment to residential property, a lot of which is empty for months at a time (holiday homes). I guess the average install would be lets say half a dozen door/window contacts, 3

- 6 PIR's, 1 or 2 bell boxes and a panic button in the bedroom. Probably no more than 3 zones will be needed. All obviously battery backed up. We wont be offering central monitoring, so GSM dialler would be the ticket sending SMS or voice messages to up to six different numbers.

We also would like to offer a yearly maintenance service, so some sort of service interval timer would be great.

In my prelimary investigations, I stumbled on the Cooper Security kit ie Scantronic. I liked the look of the Ion16 panel, am I looking in the right place? your friendly advice would be very welcomed, thanks.

TIA & Regards Mark in Spain.

Reply to
Anti-Spam
Loading thread data ...

Hi Not having worked in Spain I am unaware of current regulations for that area but installations have to comply to local regulations regarding noise pollution and safety .You need to check these before considering any installation. New regulations to ISO standards require each device to be on a separate zone and entry routes to have double sensors if the keypad is visible. Cooper Menvier are a good choice but can be expensive. Try Risco group equipment I believe they have outlets in Spain. HTH CJ

Hello, we are a satellite TV installation company suppling Satellite TV + Internet connections to ex-pats living in Spain. We are asked on many occassions about burglar alarms, when on site. So with things the wqy they are at the moment, it would seem a good time to add this activity to our portfolio of products and services we currently supply.

Although I have fitted alarms for myself and friends (Melcom/CPC), I am fairly green to what equipment we should be using and who are the reliable suppliers in the UK of the equipment, so I need your constructive advice please.

We aim to fit mid price range equipment to residential property, a lot of which is empty for months at a time (holiday homes). I guess the average install would be lets say half a dozen door/window contacts, 3

- 6 PIR's, 1 or 2 bell boxes and a panic button in the bedroom. Probably no more than 3 zones will be needed. All obviously battery backed up. We wont be offering central monitoring, so GSM dialler would be the ticket sending SMS or voice messages to up to six different numbers.

We also would like to offer a yearly maintenance service, so some sort of service interval timer would be great.

In my prelimary investigations, I stumbled on the Cooper Security kit ie Scantronic. I liked the look of the Ion16 panel, am I looking in the right place? your friendly advice would be very welcomed, thanks.

TIA & Regards Mark in Spain.

Reply to
CJ

Hi Newbie

As an EX Pro, I wonder as to why you feel the need for a SERVICE TIMER. If you are offering an honest reliable maintenance service you should contact the customer when it is due, without the need for the panel to "harass/force the customer" into needing a callout.

A lot of Maintenance business came our way because of less scrupulous installers fitting/activating Service Timers. We immediately turned them off and continued their Maintenance for many years.

Regards BIG NIGE

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.