Grants for rural alarm systems?

Hi

While enquiring about adding a security system to an agricultural building one potential supplier mentioned 50% government grants that are available for rural installations.

Does anyone recognise this? I can't see anything on the *.gov.uk sites, or in Google, etc. If it's not available I'd be suspicious of this guy's motives.

TIA IanC

Reply to
clowes_ian
Loading thread data ...

I have not heard of this (but that does not mean that it does not exist).

Initially I would be very wary.

Check first to see if the Company is registered with SSAIB or NACOSS (both have websites) These are the governing bodies for "Proper" Alarm Installers.

I would be interested to know the Name etc of the Company, also a lot of people give specs (obviously with no personal details) & prices to see what other people think on the newsgroups.

If you do have this company to quote for you you MUST NOT sign anything there and then, they are obliged to send you a full written specification with the quotation which should be valid for at least 1 calendar month.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.