Full Resetting of Eurosec CP8L

I have recently moved into a new property which has an Eurosec CP8L alarm fitted. I undertand that the property had been empty for some time as it has been completely renovated. The user manual for the alarm was conveniently left nearby. A couple of days after moving I tried to use it. I noticed that the LCD displayed the message "Mains fault". Anyway I decided to give it a go assuming that the code left would be the defualt code. This did not seem to be the case as as soon I pressed a key, the system becamed activated. The main door was open as my parter was doing something and the whole thing went ballistic. The default code did not work at all. So I could only open the "fuse box" (no fuses there, just wires) and disconnect the system. As it was still blaring, I ended up opening the main box (the one with the anti- tamper spring) and disconnect the battery.

Is there anyway I can do a full reset of this alarm or should I call an engineer to do it?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
correomaster
Loading thread data ...

As this system has un-used for some time and been left during renovation I would advise you get an engineer to give it a service at the same time as resetting it.

Reply to
Paul Ekins

Hi I agree with other poster the Eurosec has gone through 3 software updates over the past 18 mths and each has a slightly different reboot protocol. Also you say as soon as you pressed a key it alarmed?? (or did you press a few keys?) You may have more underlying problems. Well worth your local alarm engineer having a look may save you a lot in the long run.

HTH CJ

Reply to
cj

Manuals are on

formatting link

Reply to
Engineer

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.