CCTV camera jitter

Hi all,

I've got 8 cameras around my pub.. a couple are jittering now and again. As in the picture will jump down then up by one line of the display.

Any ideas what is causing this ? The cams are connected using BNC and RG59 coax (is this the right stuff) Not all of them jitter and even a test cam with a short lead and seperate powersupply sometimes jitters.

Doing my head in.. any ideas?

ps. It's a PC based XVision capture card with upto 16 cams.

Reply to
Doz
Loading thread data ...

Coax is a shared networking medium so all cameras transmitting will be contending for time on the wire. I'd suggest connecting the cameras with Cat5e (if possible) and RJ45 to an ethernet switch where each device will have dedicated network bandwidth. In effect, it wll give 100Mb/s to each camera instead of the 10Mb/s shared between all cameras in your current setup. 16 port 10/100 switches aren't too expensive either -

formatting link
Mike

Reply to
Mike Powell

formatting link

I should of mentioned that the cams hac a coax cable each and are analogue and not network cams.

Reply to
Doz

formatting link
>

They are essentially composite video output into RG59 coax then back to the multiport capture card. 8 Cams and 8 cables.

Reply to
Doz

But when the Coax returns to the PC - it is the common "negative", that all the cameras share. Being wired seperately doesn't change this. Might be worthwhile getting a loan of a monitor and hooking it up to the worst camera using a T piece BNC connector, to see if its the cams at fault.

Reply to
SantaUK

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.