ADT

Don't bother chasing Alex McNutt - he's gone/history

Reply to
Paul C
Loading thread data ...

What happened to him?

Reply to
PeterCB

Good riddance, I say. I wrote to him with my complaint after nobody took it seriously and he failed to reply, or even get his minions to reply.

ADT treated me very badly indeed and cost me a packet. Beware the

3-year "rolling" contract you cannot get out of without paying through the nose. And don't sign the worksheet on a callout if the engineer has ticked the "charge to customer" or "to be decided" boxes, or they will invoice you for what you thought was covered. And don't expect anyone to care if you complain, from engineer to MD they are just a fleecing operation.

Alan

Reply to
AJH

Rolling contract? I didn't know they did that! I don't know how they get away with it!

Rob C

>
Reply to
Robert Ceuppens

They get away with it by being bloody-minded and forcing the customer to challenge them in the courts to get out of it (which I did not do).

The actual contract my wife signed said that if the new occupier did not take over the service contract then we would be liable to pay the outstanding balance for the remainder of the 3 years. They thus billed us for £648, and advised that we could avoid this termination fee if we took a new install at the new property. This we did, and found we were forced to start a new 3-year contract.

That's what I mean by "rolling contract". Regards, Alan

Reply to
AJH

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.