Accent G3 problem

I have a problem with a Burgular alarm. Its a realtively new flat (3YO) and the alarm is now beeping intermittedly. The tenant changed the battery in one of the smoke alarms and says its started after that. Makes me think that teh fire alarm and spoke alarm are in some way connected or it could be a red herring

The model is a Accenta G3 with the small keypad. I want to try and work out what the problem might be before I call someone in. Is there soem sort of rest that can be done or will I need an engineer.

any help much apprecaiated

Reply to
anniebayliss
Loading thread data ...

Beeping intermitantly sounds like smoke alarm batteries,i'd change them all.

>
Reply to
a

Hi , Where are you in the Country?

Mick Savage MODERN SECURITY SYSTEMS . LEEDS.

Reply to
Sandy Savage

If it is a single beep every 10 minutes it is the service timer.

This means that the installer has set a service timer running in it. (it will not stop you from setting the system)

It will need someone either with the Installers Engineer code to visit (make sure that they disable the timer and get it in writing that they have done so) or If you are lucky they have left the engineers code at default then you just require someone with an engineers manual for the G3 to switch it off.

Also if it is three years old it is way overdue (2 years) for a service anyway and the batteries certainly need checking.

As Sandy said what part of the country are you in.

Reply to
BIG NIGE

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.