Zip Ties

Wadda I do now?

I'm just about out of my favorite zip tie. It's a real tough black plastic one made by Ideal with a stainless steel barb instead of a plastic barb/catch. You have to cut them off. They never slip. They hold up well in all environments. I'll use them to secure a transducer cable down the shaft of a trolling motor, and I use them in direct sunlight when I need to get my poop in a group. Most every other zip tie I have tried is crap by comparison.

They don't make them anymore.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

You can thank all the installers who always want cheapest product available for that. why do a quality job.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Don't know anything about these guys................... but..................

formatting link

Reply to
ABLE1

Ideal never really made them anyway. They are all made overseas. Zip-tie.com carries several brands.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335
Reply to
Jim Rojas

Here are some of a different brand:

formatting link
High $$ for zip-ties

Reply to
G. Morgan

Yeah, I do have some solid stainless zip ties left from my custom motorcycle days. I would actually buff and polish them before using. The one I was talking about in this thread though was a hard nylon with a stainless dog molded into the head.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I didn't even know all stainless steel ones existed. I'm glad to know that now!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.