Z1100 Monitor function beeps about 20 times verses 3 times it is supposed to do.

I have a Moose Z1100 alarm system and everything worked great when we 1st moved in. My son said he may have punched a few inadvertent buttons and now the monitor function beeps about 20 times verses 3 like it is supposed to do. I have hit the test button followed by star I have had it powered down the last couple of years and it still acts the same way. The only thing I really want this for the monitor function. I have a pool with small grand-kids. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Reply to
Charlie
Loading thread data ...

"Charlie" wrote in message news:11fd8$51faa005$42bb6765$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com...

A door chime function on an alarm panel does not meet the UBC for pool access door alarms. Most municipalities have adopted the UBC or a slightly modified version of the UBC for this application. I have heard some have gone so far as to write ordinances holding homeowners criminally accountable for failure to comply if an injury or loss of life occurs. I have not verified the latter.

formatting link
formatting link

Reply to
Bob La Londe

You only have 3 options if you love your Grandkids as I'm sure that you do.

A. Sell the house and buy one without a pool. B. Drain the pool and fill completely with sand. C. Do the only right thing and get a professional to install an approved pool alarm.

You are playing with fire, or in your case, the lives of your grandkids. And yes, I do have grandkids. I never lived in a house with a pool or close to any body of water when my kids were growing up, by design. Read any account of someone who has lost a child or grandchild and the lifelong regret, and you will never take that chance again. It only takes a few seconds to lose a life. My first child was only about 2 years old when she fell into a pool. Her mother was watching her sitting at the pool with some friends at their house. A few moments of looking away, and she turned back and could not see her. She had fallen in and was at the bottom of the pool, in the deep end. She was able to retrieve her right away and she was unharmed. I would be glad if I were you that the system now beeps 20 times instead of 3!

Don't wait another minute and decide that first thing Monday morning, that you will call and hire a professional company to install a real pool alarm. Then you can lay your Moose Z1100 to permanent rest where it needs to be. Seriously!

Reply to
E DAWSON

That system is so old I "cut my teeth" on it in 1989. It does not meet SIA requirements, it does not report in contact ID format, and I would never trust it for a life-safety device (sorta, not technically) as important as a pool monitor.

Please replace the panel. Your sensors will work with the new panel, and make damn sure whoever tests the system checks every single "point" (device) in the system. If it's also being used to monitor smoke detectors, they MUST be replaced if they are the originals.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.