Z1100 Battery Change

My Moose Z1100 is telling me that I need a new battery. What is the procedure for changing it? Is it as simple as disconnecting the old and re-connecting the new?

Thanks,

--Jeff Z.

Reply to
target_decoy
Loading thread data ...

Ya and give it 12 hours and test it

Reply to
Rich

what is it a 12V 4 AH or a 7 HA

Reply to
Rich

Best to ask about RED and BLACK leads first :-) It's a capacity rating... 4AH means it'll deliver 4 amps (current) for an hour or 8A for half an hour or 2A for 2 hours, catch my drift?

Reply to
mikey

Aww mikey you spoiled all the fun

Reply to
Mark Leuck

I'm replacing a 7AH battery with a 7.5.

Reply to
target_decoy

as long as it fits in the case and it has the same voltage as the last one, the bigger, the better

Reply to
mikey

You can..no problem...it'll give you a little more backup time.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I've done it. It's fun with an alarm panel maybe but not 2G paging system :-(

Reply to
mikey

OK, I switched batteries last night. No alarms, no police. ( I was just a little worried that disconnecting the battery might trip the alarm.) Thanks, guys.

Next up, I need to change batteries in my flashlight. It it as simple as taking out the old batteries and putting in the new ones???

Reply to
target_decoy

Just make sure the little buttons on the top of the batteries face one another. Also you can save some money if you only change one battery at a time.

Reply to
Jim

Yes, it's that simple. Regardless which battery you have in there now, replace it with a 7- or 8-Amp Hour model. They're only a few dollars more than a 4 AH unit and they last much longer during a power failure.

Regards, Robert L Bass

formatting link

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.