WTB: DSC PC1000RK Keypads

I have some customers in Canada that need these keypads new or used. Let me knoe what you have.

Thanks

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Aw...crap ! I just threw away about 20 of these after removing those junk panels from service. I didn't think anyone would want these old museum pieces. Sorry, I should have thought about you; I know you get some weird requests.....

Reply to
tourman

Are you kidding me? I still get requests for Ademco 215 keypads, which I actually have. The PC1000 is old, but many are still in service.

Jim Rojas

tourman wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

RHC: The PC1000 was put out about the time I was crawling around in diapers. It's junk (IMO) and shouldn't even be in service (but hey, what do I know....).

It always amazes me that people will still try to make this shit work for an alarm. On that model, if the battery goes dead, the panel will often go runaway in alarm and it is impossible to silence. With alarm panels running about $50 wholesale, why some people insist on using this antiquated junk is truly beyond me.

I'll keep any more I get for you Jim. If someone wants me to hook up this crap though, I'll substitute an old 1550 and keypad for the guy rather than put that stuff on line with the station (I've got dozens of these in stock left over from other upgrades.....)

Reply to
tourman

Some of those requests ..... his wife objects to.

Reply to
Jim

Well, It's rather hard to imagine a 20 year old crawling around in diapers ..... but ........... whatever turns you on. Were there any whips or leather involved?

I don't know if it's just your philosopy or the market you're in but, around here, if it's working, people just don't want to change. And I don't think it's for any other reason than that. In the case of smaller systems even when want to change it at no charge, they don't want the change that's involved. Lots of cases it's elderly people who don't want to, because of cost...... and/or are just not comfortable learning something new. And on the other side of that, trying to teach them something new can be a chore also. But I've got some old systems out there in the homes of people who can well afford to upgrade but they just plain don't want to. In those cases, giving them a "no charge" upgrade is out of the question because were talking large systems with mucho zones, expanders etc, ie hundreds of dollars in equipment and a day or two labor. So to them, it's an expense, inconvenience and something new to learn too.

By the way, I'd guess nowdays you're crawling around in Depends (?)

Reply to
Jim

RHC: Gawd...don't I wish....:))

RHC: No, I change this stuff out right away. Since I'm at my "glass ceiling" of 1000 accounts, I've started "cherry picking" big time. If I can't change it out for a better system, I walk away. It can be someone else's problem. If I didn't change it out for a 1550 right up front, I'd only be back later to do so when it crapped out. Better to save a service call....

RHC: Hopefully, not for a good number of years yet....:))

(BTW, still working on that DSC problem...no solution yet)

Reply to
tourman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.