Wireless vs wired.

It it true that a wiresless system is susceptible to being tripped by thunderstorms. I have heard of systems even being tripped by birds flying overhead!

If this is not true, or if it all depends on the brand, what would be a good one?

Generally I have poor opinion of the Made in China label, but all the systems I have glimpsed on the WWW do not indicate where their origin. Can anybody tell me which ones to avoid?

Thks & Rgds

noo

Reply to
noo
Loading thread data ...

You'd better get used to it, the way things are going pretty soon the West will have exported all its manufacturing, along with its associated technology to China.

Doug L

Reply to
Doug L

Birds is a new one... maybe the Belgian Cuckoo Bird The watchword for wireless is "supervised". If it doesn't send check-in signals, it's crap.

*** Posted via a free Usenet account from
formatting link
Reply to
mikey

I've hundreds of wireless alarms out in the field and have never had one tripped by a thunderstorm or a bird (unless maybe the bird was IN the building and tripped a motion detector).

China? I don't buy or sell Chinese alarms.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Isn't that the system that traps the intruder and drips water on his forehead for the length of time it takes for the cops to show up?

Reply to
Jim

I had a local service call with a lady yesterday...she was like chinese water torture..yap yap yap...oh Rob...yap yap yap...nice lady but sheesh...she keeps reminding me of the cookies she made for me 15 years ago...oh and rob can you move that to motion detector over to the other wall (flattop house, no basement) ...sure I can do anything..how much money you got? yap yap yap...20 minutes to fix the actual problem 45 minutes doing nothin but being polite (yah Im a nice guy really I am)

| > China? I don't buy or sell Chinese alarms. | >

| >

| Isn't that the system that traps the intruder and drips water on his | forehead for the length of time it takes for the cops to show up? |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

She wants your body....... :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

I've come to the same conclusion. Find out how much shes willing to give you..... to move the detector. Ya never know. You could be back again and again moving that thing all around the house.

Reply to
Jim

runaway!

| >

| >

| >

| >

| > | > China? I don't buy or sell Chinese alarms. | > | >

| > | >

| > | Isn't that the system that traps the intruder and drips water on his | > | forehead for the length of time it takes for the cops to show up? | > | | >

| >

| | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.