Wireless system thoughts, please read and reply

I just got this job installing alarm systems. Now, listen, I am not a certified technician, but more of a helper. So please bare with me with these questions I have. My boss is a dick and I think is just a miserable bastard. So I do not communicate with him at all. Plus, I have not attended any technical or alarm installing classes. I just am intrigued with the way this electronic equipment works(communicates via airwaves, rf, ir, etc.). I know I am putting myself at risk by asking such trivial questions and therefore will probably be flamed with such responses like read a damn book, or search on technical websites for the information. I do not have the books, or any manuals and even the manuals I do get to read are only related to the system we are installing at the time. It doesn't inform me with the information I am about to ask about. The last post I posted, resulted with a with a few replies but did not inform me with the technical details for which I was hoping for. I am concerned with wireless systems and the way the sensors communicate with the Main Control Panel. Now, if you think that the answers are a bit top secret and should not be described on a security forum such as this, I understand and will find the information elsewhere, someday. It is not a life or death situation here, with me. I am just intrigued. I have some interesting thoughts on this subject and depending on the responses I receive, I will disclose my thoughts about this wireless intruder(burglar) industry. I think some of you will be interested with what my thoughts are. My name is not Paul(whoever that guy is). From what I understand by now, this guy Paul has been a pain in the ass to many of this newsgroup's members. Okay, we have the Main Control Unit, along with the pir sensors and all the perimeter units on the doors and windows. I know there are many other sensor units that detect noise, vibrations, etc. As I stated in one of my first posts, when the owner of the house, or retail store, or whatever warehouse or building is being secured by a wireless system, leaves the premises and activates their alarm system, the system is now in the armed mode. My question is, while in the armed mode, the sensors are up on the wall probably with a green diode light blaring without a blink. If the information I have already, the sensor transmits a certain code every so often as programed. This periodic transmission is a packet of some sort telling the MCU that it is working properly(that is is still there, the battery is still in good condition, all is well, etc.). Other than that, the sensor is just there in an idle mode. That is until an unidentified object consisting of a certain amount of heat passes through it's protected area. At that point, if I am correct, the unit transmits a message that tells the MCU that the closed alarm loop has been broken at that zone. An alarm message is then sent to the central monitoring station. Am I correct at this point? Please comment as to what I have written so far. Okay, if while the system is armed and the owners of the facility are away, the sensor is idle and only transmits to the MCU the "all is well" packet periodically as programmed. Now, without any detection of an intruder passing by, how often does the unit transmit these packets. There is probably an industry set amount of minutes or hours that these are sent, right? At that moment is there a blink in the green diode on the unit, or no? I am aware that most of the frequencies used in the USA operate on either 315mhz, 433mhz, or

868mhz, am I correct? When these packets are sent to the MCU what do they consist of? Is it just a burst of one of these frequencies, or are they encoded or encrypted with a particular message? Once again, exactly how many minutes apart are they sent. Don't get me wrong, I think if I just sit under the sensor in a blind spot with a rf frequency counter, I would be able to determine exactly when they are transmitted. We are talking only about wireless systems here. I do have an underlying interest for asking these questions and when an expert in this forum addresses my post, I will initiate a very interesting discussion. Please give me a full explaination to all parts of my post. Trust me when I say that you will be interestingly surprised to what my thoughts are regarding this subject matter. Thank you, Frank Accavanno
Reply to
mister accavanno
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Just Looking

And if I may add........................

Very well said Bill could not have said it better myself. I doubt at this point that 'Frank Accavanno' OP is still reading this group since I think he has moved on to other areas as he said he would.

But on the off chance he is still here lurking allow me to add a couple of other comments.

Dear Frank, when you type a message, especially if it is r-e-a-l-l-y r-e-a-l-l-y l-o-n-g it would be best for those reading it if you would take a breath and hit the ENTER key every so often a couple of times. This will cause the message to go into the form of paragraphs. It will make it much easier to read not to mention your proof reading before sending it on to the world.

And lastly, it would not be a bad thing to let us know your what it is you are not telling us.

As you said: "Trust me when I say that you will be interestingly surprised to what my thoughts are regarding this subject matter."

I would really like to have some first hand knowledge of something new that may be hitting the market.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Well, les, I just opened my eyes and took a gander at my laptop to see what new replies to my posting might have been available for me to read regarding my original post. Let me have a cup of coffee and I will be back to type my response to some of the things that you "professionals" have so kindly and compassionately left me. If a couple of you guys had any professional integrity at all, you would have posted more interesting and intelligent replies and would not have worried about the paragraphs which were there, but being a tech such as you may think you are, I suppose you have not paid much attention to your english classes and the grammatical and essay lessons which they provide. It is New Years Day and to all the professionals with good character, professionalism, and integrity, please excuse me for a moment while I go downstairs and say good morning to some family members. But I will be right back. Oh, by the way, I do not know where you were educated, but if you take another look at my post, you will see that it does, indeed , have paragraphs. It just does not have paragraphs after two or three sentences, as yours does. But stick around and I will teach you a bit more than grammer and how to learn how to read.

Reply to
mister accavanno

Well, les, I just opened my eyes and took a gander at my laptop to see what new replies to my posting might have been available for me to read regarding my original post. Let me have a cup of coffee and I will be back to type my response to some of the things that you "professionals" have so kindly and compassionately left me. If a couple of you guys had any professional integrity at all, you would have posted more interesting and intelligent replies and would not have worried about the paragraphs which were there, but being a tech such as you may think you are, I suppose you have not paid much attention to your english classes and the grammatical and essay lessons which they provide. It is New Years Day and to all the professionals with good character, professionalism, and integrity, please excuse me for a moment while I go downstairs and say good morning to some family members. But I will be right back. Oh, by the way, I do not know where you were educated, but if you take another look at my post, you will see that it does, indeed , have paragraphs. It just does not have paragraphs after two or three sentences, as yours does. But stick around and I will teach you a bit more than grammer and how to learn how to read. ================================================

Hang on to your hat guys. We are about to get another ear full. Me thinks Paul has been breeding or something. My opinion on this guy has just gone into the trash bin.

It is a sad sad world we live in that we have been blessed with another troll. I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Bill, I must state that it is your post which I respect the most. You believe that some technical details should just be left unsaid, or undisclosed, in order to protect the security alarm industry. Of course, my underlying motive by posting my message was to see if any important information regarding the transmission of, whether they be packets, or bursts of frequencies from the sensors would bring out any information that I could use to put into the manuals I am putting together. Now, of course you do not know who I am and therefore you, Bill, deserve a big happy smiley face, or a star sticker on the top of your posting. All the information is out there, regardless if I get the info here or anyplace else. (oh, wait a minute . Let me press the enter button in order to begin a new paragraph...that was close). There, is everyone happy? Or would you like me to indent the new paragraph a few spaces like we used to do in junior high school? Let us just be grown ups here and just be concerned with the content of the words and sentences. I could start a new paragraph in this format aswell. But enough about all the grammatical errors and let's get onto an important subject. Well, I have to say that with all the frequency information that has been included within my last posts, I hope that at least Bill has an idea as to where I am going with this. Jamming frequencies is where I am headed. That is why I was trying to pull some technical details concerning these packets which are sent from the sensors to the MCU periodically as programmed. Now, the ways I feel that I could defeat, or jam these sensors have to do with the timing that these packets of (all is well,etc) are sent to the MCU. Like I said, I have no technical education concerning alarm systems, or even the installation of alarm systems. But I do work as a helper installing alarms. I know that most systems allow a limited amount of rf interference and thusly will allow a packet or two to not be received. Therefore, if you know what frequency the system is operating on, and know the timing distance between each "all is well" packet being sent to the mcu, With the right frequency jamming device operating on the 315mhz,433mhz and 868mhz all at the same time, a person would be able to walk right passed one of these sensors and into the next room. At that point you would shut the jamming devices off and allow the "all is well packets" to transmit and receive as programed. With a powerful cell phone jammer, a wireless camera 2.4g jamming device. A prepared and well informed criminal would be able to jam wireless systems and walk right pass them. Of course I am stating that you jam the interior sensors on the 315mhz, 433mhz, and 868mhz all at the same time. And powerfully if able. All you have to do is jam the sensor and/or receiver for about a minute or so just to get passed it to another room. Now, you could jam these wireless sensors in a way where you do not have to have a trouble message sent to the CMS. Also, you can jam these sensors, until you are infront of the main control unit to disable it all together. Of course during this whole time you have a powerful wireless cell phone back up jammer un use. That is if you choose to cut the main phone lines first. But, working on a covert entry, just jamming the wireless sensors would be much more useful. Being called, and have to go. I will be back.

Reply to
mister accavanno

You would do better to think about how radio waves are "Jammed".

That will give you some insight as to how jamming detection works.

It should become apparent that the intervals are a moot point.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Well, it *has* been boring lately....

I deleted all my Usenet filters, I'm re-evaluating whom, if anyone belongs back in there.

Reply to
G. Morgan

How do we know you're not a thief?

What State are you licensed in so I can look it up?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Belgium.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Oh, no big deal then. Everyone knows there is too much RFI in Belgium.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Go for it. You won't find what you're looking for.

Did you download the manuals that explain how RF jamming works?

Go here:

formatting link
Get an account (it's free, and the password is in this group's archives), and download the manuals you claim not to have access to. Download a Vista20-P manual and read it in it's entirety. It will give you a larger understanding of the system as a whole.

Reply to
G. Morgan

I was kind of hoping that 'mister' would have given up by the first of the year. It was not to be.

How can a person that claims that he only, and I quote.

"I just got this job installing alarm systems. Now, listen, I am not a certified technician, but more of a helper"

Have the ability to determine who is or is not a professional??

With is general attitude that you have shown here I can safely say that I would not have hired you, not even as a day laborer. I do feel sorry for you co-workers. If you are still employed their tongues must be bleeding quite a bit.

I sure hope that your quest will make you better person. You have a long way to go, baby!!!

Have a happy life. :-)

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Bill is the man. The only one on this newsgroup who knows how to reply to a serious and sensitive subject without flaming the poster and without disclosing industry secrets. The only man that deserves my respect. Thank you Bill.

Reply to
mister accavanno

Should have been two or three. Paragraphs separate thoughts, the ass-insertion stuff belonged in it's own paragraph.

I give you a D-

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.