Wireless Motion Sensor goes off when A/C set to higher temps

Ok. I'm going to apologize. Although I studied engineering many years ago, I am NOT interested at all in studying alarm systems and how they work and I am a woman. SO, please bear with me but perhaps one of you geniuses could help me with a problem we have.

Each and every time we leave town we turn our A/C up to about 80 or possibly higher. Would have to ask hubby the exact temperature but he doesn't wish to cool the house while we're gone.

When we do this after we leave town and usually when we're out of cell phone range our alarm system starts going off. It is ALWAYS the wireless motion sensor in our front hall area.

Now, we have a maintenance contract with our provider and they have sent several people out none of whom seem to know what they are doing in this area and all of whom have their own theories.

The first one said there was a known problem with that motion sensor not working properly with our old motherboard. So he replaced the entire motherboard of the unit.

We left town and again had to call and have the system ignored while we were gone as the problem started happening again.

Today someone came out and said he suspects it is the sunlight coming thorugh the window causing the alarm to go off. I said if that were the case then it should be going off even when we're in town and gone during the day. He said, no the A/C would cool it down and keep it from going off. However, there would stil be a temperature difference on the stairs regardless of what the AC is set at.

I asked him if there was a specification from the manufacturer with operating temperatures to which he replied "NO". As an engineer I really doubt anyone made an electronic device and did NOT specify operating temperatures.

So, I'm trying to figure out WHY this keeps occurring. Is this unit truly BAD? Is it the sun? Is there an operating temperature and perhaps we need to set the A/C to not go past that limit?

Please, feel free to email me anything that might be helpful to snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com as I really don't have time to check for answers but I really need to have a reliable system. Paying for monitoring when we have to turn off half the sensors in the house is ridiculous and I don't have much confidence in the techs they keep sending to my house and from what little I've read it seems you guys know much more about these sytems than do the techs they keep sending out.

Thank you so much for anything you can do to shed some light on this problem.

Reply to
smsdavis
Loading thread data ...

You don't have time to check back for answers? You want these guys to take their time to answer but you don't have the time tio followup?

How about having your husban answer the questions. You're one stupid Bit*h. Get off you ass and stop being a wimmpy poor broad and take control and be responsible. Being a women is no excuse for being an ass!

Reply to
Jen...tel

A friend of mine has a similar problem, but since you won't be checking back for an answer, I won't bother posting it.

Reply to
Steve Foley

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I could probably help you determine what's causing your problem, but I really don't have time to get back to you.

Reply to
Jim

I didn't have time to read the post, whats the problem again?

Doug

Reply to
Doug L

It could be several things - highly unlikely it's the motherboard though.

However, responses here in the newsgroup are free, but if you want personallized service please provide your credit card number so we can bill you.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

She wanted to know something about RFI but via email only at snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com

Once again that email address is snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com and she wants emails ONLY concerning RFI.

Paul from Belgium should email her at snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com to discuss RFI.

She was also concerned with the possibility that the NSA may have somehow altered her system and would like further information sent to her at snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com

Whatever you do make sure snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com receives her > I didn't have time to read the post, whats the problem again?

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I would tell you, but I just can't seem to make the time. js

(Top posted to save time.)

Reply to
alarman

Is she at snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com ??

| > Doug | >

| > -- | >

| > > Each and every time we leave town we turn our A/C up to about 80 or | > > possibly higher. Would have to ask hubby the exact temperature but he | > > doesn't wish to cool the house while we're gone. | > >

| > > When we do this after we leave town and usually when we're out of cell | > > phone range our alarm system starts going off. It is ALWAYS the | > > wireless motion sensor in our front hall area. | > >

| > > Now, we have a maintenance contract with our provider and they have | > > sent several people out none of whom seem to know what they are doing | > > in this area and all of whom have their own theories. | > >

| > > The first one said there was a known problem with that motion sensor | > > not working properly with our old motherboard. So he replaced the | > > entire motherboard of the unit. | > >

| > > We left town and again had to call and have the system ignored while we | > > were gone as the problem started happening again. | > >

| > > Today someone came out and said he suspects it is the sunlight coming | > > thorugh the window causing the alarm to go off. I said if that were | > > the case then it should be going off even when we're in town and gone | > > during the day. He said, no the A/C would cool it down and keep it | > > from going off. However, there would stil be a temperature difference | > > on the stairs regardless of what the AC is set at. | > >

| > > I asked him if there was a specification from the manufacturer with | > > operating temperatures to which he replied "NO". As an engineer I | > > really doubt anyone made an electronic device and did NOT specify | > > operating temperatures. | > >

| > > So, I'm trying to figure out WHY this keeps occurring. Is this unit | > > truly BAD? Is it the sun? Is there an operating temperature and | > > perhaps we need to set the A/C to not go past that limit? | > >

| > > Please, feel free to email me anything that might be helpful to | > > snipped-for-privacy@parkavetech.com as I really don't have time to check for | > > answers but I really need to have a reliable system. Paying for | > > monitoring when we have to turn off half the sensors in the house is | > > ridiculous and I don't have much confidence in the techs they keep | > > sending to my house and from what little I've read it seems you guys | > > know much more about these sytems than do the techs they keep sending | > > out. | > >

| > > Thank you so much for anything you can do to shed some light on this | > > problem. | > >

|
Reply to
Crash Gordon

What did I miss?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The exit. It's way back around Houston. You're in Kansas now.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Sounds like someone wants out of their contract... That Billy Squire tune is in my head again (Stroke, Stroke, Stroke..)

Reply to
Russell Brill

Humidity

Reply to
Mr.G

That the sun is causing a problem only when the AC is off sounds improbable. Do you have a log of the times when the alarm goes off? If it was related to sunlight the problem would tend to happen around the same time of day.

It could just be a faulty detector. The simplest solution is to turn that one unit off but that would leave a hole in your protection. Instead, ask the tech to move the unit (or do so yourself; it's not rocket science) to a location where sunlight and AC vents can't affect it. If it continues to false, replace it.

No can do. I'm using someone else's PC.

Regards, Robert L Bass Bass Home Electronics Online DIY Security & Home Automation Store www. BassBurglarAlarms.com

Reply to
sales

Yes it is, don't do it bitch!

What's wrong Pig, OP's PC's don't work for email? Fuck You.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.