wired and wireless unit recommedations

Don't take too long to change the batteries, or you have to reprogram the transmitters. Jeeez.

js

Reply to
alarman
Loading thread data ...

I only did a handful of the 2020 panels...worked great but programming was a pita, and then building the translation tables for the CS setup was a real pain...so did not continue with their panels but did use their receivers and xmtrs with other systems...still do.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I know that other ( I use Napco) mfg's have wireless keypads but in my experience they are usually tempermental, very slow to function and the batteries have to be changed more often than you'd like. The most annoying thing about them is how long they take to send and receive commands. You want to leave and you've got to stand there after you've armed the system for it to send the command to the system and then receive the confirmation that the command has been received and implimented. Much too long to have to wait for most people.

Napco does have a remote two way keyfob that has a darn good range on it. At least a hundred feet and most times more. It confirms that the command has been rec'd and implimented with both a visual and audio response. The only thing that is NOT good about any Keyfob remote is the lack of a security code.

If it were me, I'd wire it ...... no matter what it took to do it.

Most times I talk my clients out of keyfobs and only provied it if they ask for it and insist on it.

Reply to
Jim

I ran into that, the first one I did... turned out I was wrong. Just push the transmitter reset button.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

If you say so. I don't remember seeing a reset button. Those brain cells are long gone.

Reply to
alarman

Its sounding like the wireless solution has more problems than soltutions so Im thinking that just use the exsting sensors and wiring and add a wired panel. The current system has a key thats mounted on the main box thats about 6' off of the ground. Short people has trouble reaching it is the reason for adding a panel.

I see that Ademco is not very popular so how 'bout some recommendations for a good panel thats easy to program.

Thanks for the discussions!!!!!

Reply to
rick

A glass keypad? Cool...them's expensive.

That's the problem with untrained back door guys.

Whaddya got...maybe I'd trade my box of DSC pulls with you?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

reset is tiny...I think it's near the terminals iirc.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Ademco is cheap but solid stuff and easy to program (relatively)

Reply to
Crash Gordon

I don't have the massive storage space of Jim Rojas, so I left the stuff there in a box. I think it'a an XR40 (?) and 3 of them fancy-Dan keypads.

Reply to
alarman

He, just didn't see it I guess. I'll have to put on my specs next time.

Reply to
alarman

Damn. I'd take it...send you 100 lbs of DSC for it.

The 40's a nice box. The glass keypads are EXpensive!

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Technically yes, in reality they are junk and not worth it.

Reply to
mleuck

5828 and 5828V
Reply to
mleuck

Yea thats from Secure Wireless, they also make one for DSC, Honeywell has a better one called the 5878, you can configure pairs of buttons to disarm instead of one

Reply to
mleuck

I always liked the 5804BDV, big but well built with voice

Reply to
mleuck

My rule of thumb is never trust v1 of anything DSC makes, this is from experience with their original wireless system (WL900), original sensors, original PC5010 v1, NT9010 Envoy v1.... I think they realize this since all the new panels started at v4.1

Also don't forget the RF receiver that under certain conditions would ruin itself and the panel, not v1 but you get why people are a little skittish

Reply to
mleuck

I have to go back out there to add some stuff next week. If it's still there, I'll grab it up.

Reply to
alarman

Yeah that receiver bummed me out too, but it was fixable. Not defending DSC necessarily, as they have had their share of warts.

Reply to
alarman

cool lemme know

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.