wired and wireless unit recommedations

Im looking for a replacement alarm panel that can support:

1) wireless keypad 2) hardwired mat 3) hardwired motion 4) hardwired panic

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Reply to
rick
Loading thread data ...

Take your pick. Every panel can pretty well handle that.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Wireless remote... yes ..... but not wireless keypad.

Reply to
Jim

Sure, Honeywell has wireless keypads.

Wireless remote... yes ..... but not wireless keypad.

Reply to
A.J.

Honeywell (Ademco), DSC, Paradox, Visonic... Take your pick. They all manufacturer wireless alarm systems (with limited hard-wired zones). :-)

Reply to
Frank Olson

Honeywell has "wireless" (urp) keypad.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

So all is needed is a wireless module that connects to one of the zones and have it assigned to the keypad....is that correct? How tricky is this setup to program?

thanks!!!!

Reply to
rick

The full feature wireless keypad for Honeywell panels kinda sux...I wouldn't use it. It has short range and for it to be more reliable you need to remote power it...sheesh if you gotta run a power wire you may as well try to run it home. If you run it on batteries they don't last.

They have a wall mounted "limited" keypad...actually it's a glorified keypad. Works well PITA to program, the only way I got it to work was programming it in remotely from my office to the client's panel.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Why in the world do we need wireless keypads? Just run the stupid wire.

After all, IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE... (Or IS it?)

Reply to
alarman

The main reason for the wireless pad is that its an old house and the inner wall access is very limited. Unfortunatly, the current alarm was placed in a less that optimal spot and again to move it would be a major pain. I guess another option could be to just add a key FOB, are they any good?

Reply to
rick

In my experience, the older the house, the easier it is to run wires. There are exceptions, of course.

Key fobs are ok, but don't provide system status information. But I seem to recall a 2-way model, not sure who makes it-Napco, I think. There are also these:

formatting link
although not very secure.

Reply to
alarman

MayBE.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Ademco has a two way fob...well not really a fob...more like an ugly overgrown one...provide feedback. DMP's fobs are two way as well. Dunno abt Napco as I don't use the product much, but I do know how to remove them, same for DSC.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

There's almost always a way to run wire, given the time and money.

FOBs work, I'm not a big fan of them due to them not having a security code, but they have their place.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

The good news is that most older houses have baseboards.

Remove (carefully) the baseboards between where you can access the panel and where you want the keypad. You may have to run a channel, you may not depending upon the fit, run the wire and replace the baseboards.

You may have to go up and over some doors and this is time consuming and a real PITA (which is why most installation companies don't do it very much) but once its done and over with you have a better system.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

The Linear CP-90 used to have a decent wireless keypad. Would last quite a while on the batteries. Unfortunately I didn't care for the rest of the system.

Bob La Londe

formatting link

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Napco has generic keyfobs and 2-way keyfobs available.

The generic works off the regular hybrid receiver and the 2-way uses a transceiver instead.

Bob La Londe

formatting link

Reply to
Bob La Londe

So did the old Inovonics come to think of it...but that was really ugly too.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Heh, I just pulled a DMP system out a couple of weeks ago, as the installing alarmco never could make it work. Cool keypads though, kind of like a heads-up display. (They never were licensed but managed to get the DMP stuff anyway). Replaced the system with a new DSC system, spent a day and a half straightening out the wiring, and the customer couldn't be happier.

Donno why people rag on DSC. They have had their problems, but no more than any other mfg. as far as I can see. The stuff they are producing now is very good. Just personal preference I guess. I can't stand Ademdo.

Reply to
alarman

That was a great system, if you got one that worked. I installed only 6, but had chronic trouble with 4 of them.

Reply to
alarman

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.