Which Wire is Ground ?

I'm using Siamese wire. The 12 volt wires are a black one, and a clear one. Copper wire in each. Which one is the preferred ground wire?

Thanks.

Reply to
rqo
Loading thread data ...

That depends if you are wiring as a mechanic of a car shop. Blacks Ground in a DC circuit.. Or if you are a High voltage electrician White is Ground in AC circuits. Your choice. But mark it and keep it the same.

Reply to
Rich

Not that it matters, but black is usually common on DC circuits.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Thanks, let me expand a bit.

I'm wiring a 12 volt converter panel to power the cameras. At the panel, I was going to use black on positive and the clear on the common. At the camera end of the run, I have to splice in the male power leads that will plug in to each camera female connector. Black on the black, and clear on the white striped lead. That's what I was thinking. Should work?

rqo

Reply to
rqo

That's good it sounds like your running mutable camera wire them all from the same sorce. Phase them all the same, a phase shift will cause flickering .

Reply to
Rich

That will work. The conductors in each jacket are the same, so it makes no difference which side is positive or negative. Most people use black as negative on DC circuits or if the jackets are the same color, the striped side is usually negative.. Just be careful not to exceed the current draw rating for the power supply.

Reply to
J.

Thanks all! It works!

rqo

"J. @netscape.net>" >

Reply to
rqo

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.