Which system is better?

Your opinion (in regards to CS service) is one I respect. Thanks Mark!

Reply to
Frank Olson
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
too fat for a ladder

RHC: Actually, this afternoon I met an old friend of mine who manages some of the affairs of a Canadian monitoring station called Lanvac up here in the Montreal /Ottawa / Toronto corridor. They have just signed a major deal with Monitronics in the US, and are now putting on a push for more dealers here in Canada (this was reported in the latest SP&T magazine). Apparently, Monitronics are big on two way voice, and have resolved some of the technical difficulties at the CS end. He seemed to feel it is worth investigating on my part and has some merit, albeit it seems, mostly "marketing" merit. But he has promised to keep me informed on the subject as things transpire with the implementation of this service at his station.

So for the moment, I'll leave it at that.....

Reply to
tourman

What technical difficulties on the CS end? I've been involved with 2- way since the early 90's and I assure you it's not a marketing gimmick

Reply to
mleuck

RHC: As it was explained to me only briefly, it has to do with the "handover" of the alarm call to a voice line. It seems there is something unique about this way of doing it that requires a technical "somethingorother" to do so that differs from what conventional monitoring stations are set up to do. So it seems to need either hardware or special software to do it. Plus it seems, it needs far more voice lines coming in to the receivers than per normal to handle the calling. Other than that, I can't comment.....

Reply to
tourman

e:

actly what she

Interesting, I don't know how everyone else does it but that explaination isn't the case with us

Reply to
mleuck

wondcam had written this in response to

formatting link
:

Wondcam Innovation Limited wholesale security spy surveillance gadget from china As to monitored systems and response time, most home security systems

Reply to
wondcam

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.