Where is "Tech-Man"?

Just went to look at the latest with Tech-Man.com and it said suspended site. What is the latest Jim?

Bobby D

Reply to
BobbyD
Loading thread data ...

I heard Jim deicded to take his boat out and sub contract for the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I guess he needed to get into an easier business.

Reply to
Jim

He was exporting a lot of electronics at one time. I think he may have retired. I sent him a text message earlier today on his old cell phone number and never got a response.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

He never did unlock and return 3 vista128 panels for me and he has many complaints filed with florida attorney genrals office which pop up as unresolved

Reply to
NickMark

Last I heard he was involved in a re-shipping business, I think people from outside the US would buy stuff on from sellers on ebay who won't ship overseas and have it shipped to Jim. He would then re-ship it to the overseas destination.

I believe a lot of fraud can occur with the re-shipper stuck in the middle.

formatting link
*Fraud-Alert*-Attention-All-DEALERS-*Fraud-Alert*

formatting link

Doug

Reply to
doug

I only had one transaction with Jim and that went without a hitch.

Doug

Reply to
doug

Ebay will act as a re-shipper. I've sold stuff internationally thru Ebay before.

I also sell custom manufactured work internationally direct. Sometimes a customer will use a transfer company. Sometimes I ship direct. Really have not had any problems. Most of the time when a customer is using a transfer company its to consolidate multiple orders from different sources. For countries that charge a flat VAT on all purchases it saves on freight. For countries with a threshold to trigger custom duties it can be a wash or even sometimes more expensive to consolidate orders.

Selling internationally can be a tricky, but if you do a little research and do things the right way you can stay out of trouble and make some money too. I've got good customers right here in the USA, but some of my top customers are also in Australia and Europe.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

P.S. I heard an authoratative third party interferred with his Jim's shipping business making it impossible for him to complete transactions for several months, and then went away oblivious to the harm their unwarranted activity had caused.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I cannot believe he would just let his tech manuals operation just die on the vine........ Is anyone going to pick it up??

Reply to
BobbyD

Jim Rojas was in jail until December of 2020, actually. He got caught in some weapons charges IIRC. I don't know if he's going back into business though.

Reply to
jacobg...

That's over stated. He exported a scope. I don't even think he was aware it was covered under weapons export restrictions at the time. It was wrong. He did it. While technically it might be considered a weapons charge its a bullshit way to state it.

Jim is out and working on other businesses ideas. Not the export business though. We chat from time to time.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.