What Horseshit ADT copyrights blue octagon signs

WTF ADT is going after any one who has a blue octagon sign because they look like ADT signs and people get confused you got to be kidding me. ADT has a very definite Blue Panatella color that none of the signs I see look anything like what ADT uses. Then again are they saying consumers are that F%^&ing stupid they can not tell the difference they must be.

What a bunch of morons I hope the patent court stops them and there insanity. what a bunch of horse shit.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

RHC: Nick, you have to remember that all companies must protect their trademarks against copyright fraud (although this does seem on the surface to be a bit extreme). But ADT has a barrel of lawyers on tap, so this is no surprise really. Look at Jim Rojas's experience with Brinks. Small business owners are like "low hanging fruit", easy to pluck since they usually don't have the legal resources to defend themselves, right or wrong.

And ....yes....many consumers can be that stupid...

Reply to
tourman

Look! Here ya are. You're ADT. Ya got a zillion bucks and a bunch of lawyers that make a lot of money, on retainer, sittin around, doing nothing to earn the money. Ya gotta give them SOMETHIN to do now and then.

I mean, ya don't want to give them something that's too complicated or that's gonna drag out for too long. So goin after little companys that don't have the money to defend themselves over a petty shit thing like the color of a sign, looks like a good sure bet to me.

Reply to
Jim

Krispy kreme tried it here in w. pa going after a ice cream store with a similar name and people stopped eating there donuts and they closed

8 stores taught them a lesson
Reply to
nick markowitz

Who in their right mind would want people to think "they're ADT, or like ADT" in anyway shape or form... Sounds like "Battle of the Hacks" to me :-))

Reply to
Russell Brill

I think the point is .... the alarm companys aren't "trying" to be like ADT, .... like..... what if they just happened to have a blue sign? I just happen to have a red sign. What big company out there is going to take a mind to sue me? Are they saying that every big company that chooses a color for their sign has exclusive rights to that color?

Reply to
Jim

Thats what ADT is trying you have any kind of blue octagon sign they say your violating there trademark

Reply to
nick markowitz

:

If you really want trademark abuse look up what happens to companies with "Monster" in their name, They get sued by Monster Cable

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.