Weird panel dump

Got a trans-mix facility with an older FCI releasing panel where for some reason the unit activated for no apparent reason checked all heats etc wiring which as replaced couple years ago. Can find no reason for it luckily it was only water covering a butane tank but this one got me stumped any one else ever have this happen.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

kinda vague on the symptoms. "The unit activated for no apparent reason" aint a whole hell of a lot to go on.

Reply to
Jim

Did the supression panel activate/go through the normal releasing sequence or did the solenoid activate by itself?

Jewellfish

Reply to
jewellfish

Was the panel still in alarm when you showed up? Or did someone "reset" it for you... We need more info.

Reply to
Frank Kurz

That panel is setup for cross-zone detection before the release, right?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Panel releases on single event and was in full alarm when i got there. checked for shorts, grounds you name it and could find no reason why it activated used mego-meter for insulation testing and it showed all components with in spec.. It uses those tube type bi metal heat sensors was 50 degree day. The panel is of 80's vintage and unless something broke down in control it has me stumped.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Check the loop resistance and the stability of the panel voltage..

I have had some 80's Firelite panels with a "Floating" panel voltage (would change 4-6 volts from day to day..) which changed the percentage of current to trip on the load of each zone loop.

If the loop resistance was close to the edge of the acceptable limit, changing the loop current might cause the zone to trip..

RTS

Panel releases on single event and was in full alarm when i got there. checked for shorts, grounds you name it and could find no reason why it activated used mego-meter for insulation testing and it showed all components with in spec.. It uses those tube type bi metal heat sensors was 50 degree day. The panel is of 80's vintage and unless something broke down in control it has me stumped.

Reply to
RockyTSquirrel

Thankyou for the tip will check it out. never gave that one a thought

Reply to
nick markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.