weird one?

Had an Safeguard FA ( Vista 20P) I took over few month back always sends signals but Sunday they armed it about 4:4 Pm and about 20 minutes later some one possibly hiding in store sets alarm off steals some change from register central does not get alarm signal but panel log shows it did alarm how ever it does not say if it communicated unfortunately but 25 min later when a store manager came back in central got alarm and cancel when he turned alarm off unaware alarm had activated he leaves 14 minutes later sets system and at 6:20 am alarm goes off and central got that alarm signal when there was a second break in any one else experience this panel is set for contact ID and has 800 plus back up exchange number. something very weird going on here.

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Who's the central and what software are they using to process alarm signals? Mine uses SIMS and they've got this nifty little "eye"Phone app that let's you see everything the operator sees and allows you to make changes to the account as well (update users, telephone no's and other stuff too).

On another note, I just came back from a fire alarm trouble call. Owner calls me all upset over the fact that "the system" keeps "going off" every few hours for no apparent reason. Nothing's wrong with the FACP, but the Silent Knight communicator next to it was "singing" away merrily when I arrived on site. Shows a line 2 fault and on further investigation I find that the second line has been cancelled. It's being monitored by an outfit called Protectron and when I called the property manager to explain that this has nothing to do with the fire alarm system and that he should contact Protectron, he has the temerity to ask if he's going to be billed for having me go out there. Sigh...

Reply to
Frank Kurz

Nick,

On the initial alarm, what zones were tripped and did you check these zones to make sure they are programmed to report??

And what kind of break in was the second alarm and was anything taken or did anyone get caught??

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

Ends up it was an inside job police are investigating some one disc the reconnected RJ31X

Reply to
nick markowitz

Well that gives me a gold star for placing the RJ31X inside the locked can.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

We have run in to this type of missing signals as well. Our receiver has a was that we can run a report detailing signals coming from a certain phone number. Found out that the signal missing was actually dumped on to another account number that was cancelled. This really only happens to us in certain areas where the local phone company is compressing the analog phone lines and converting them to be sent over the internet. Now, the larger phone companies are getting on board with this. It will be in the not too distant future when your digital communicators will be in the same junk heap as your McCullough transmitters.

Reply to
RJD314

Now THERE's an idea.

How about using the McCullough's to send dot's and dashes to central station over VoIP?

See? I knew I was keeping all those old McCullough's down in my basement for something!

Reply to
Jim

Umm yea does a lot of good there

Reply to
mleuck

Were this alarm on the same zone? Maybe one alarm came in on a zone not programmed to report while the other alarm came in on a zone that was programmed to communicate...

I have had problems like this on DSC panels but it was due to a phone line issue at the time. However, if someone was to unplugg the RJ31x phone cord, set the alarm off, then plug it back in, we have always experienced with DSC panels, it will dump the information to the central station once a good phone line has been restored...

Reply to
Matthew Stanley

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.