Wasting Time by Speeding up

Got feeling rushed today, exacerbated by a crappy meter that made me waste about an hour looking for an EOLR I didn't need to change.

Was swapping out Notifier field devices for Firelite. The Notifier panel fried and when sent a tech out they gave him a Firelite panel. He reported the incompatibility. So we subbed the contract to swap out all the field devices - I'm sure there's a reason - I just don't care.

After wasting time on that EOLR I hurriedly swapped out some monitor modules. These were in locked rooms that the maint man had unlocked and propped.

I finished one, made sure the room was locked and moved on. At the next location I realized that because my head was upside down I had inverted the address on the last MMF-300 module.

I call the maint guy, he takes his sweet ass time (causing me to waste even MORE time) but eventually unlocks the door again.

I never even made it to the module. I had been so flustered by being rushed and having made such a rookie goof up that I hadn't given the actual address any thought until I was about to dial it in.

Yep

The "inverted" address was "66"...

The faster I go, the behinder I get...

I slowed down and the rest of the day went much more smoothly...

Reply to
JoeRaisin
Loading thread data ...

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.