VOIP SOLUTION

From: Lizard (Didy@heardat?) Subject: An End to RLBass is Expected View: Complete Thread (2 articles) Original Format Newsgroups: rec.audio.car, alt.security.alarms, rec.audio.marketplace, alt.locksmithing, alt.radio.pirate, alt.radio.scanner, alt.radio.scanner.uk, rec.radio.amateur.antenna Date: 1997/08/18

This is giving me much grief, and I've decided to post on the subject of the CodeBuster, Robert L. Bass, Spam, and harrassment.

A little history first....

On 7/20/87, and article (5qu4a1$ snipped-for-privacy@sjx-ixn3.ix.netcom.com) appeared in the alt.locksmithing and sachnet.hobby.sport newsgroups, advertising the Code Buster 2000. This article directed responses to be sent to snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com. On 7/21, the same article (5qus3t$ snipped-for-privacy@dfw-ixnews9.ix.netcom.com) appeared in rec.audio.car, alt.locksmith, and alt.radio.scanner.

We have all seen the article, as the thread has gone on for much longer than any spam thread should be kept alive. Much of the replying has been done by Robert L. Bass. RLB operates a company which deals in such products (i.e., security products), and actively advertises this company in his excessively large sig. On 8/11, RLB replied to one of the early articles ( snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.Com), saying that he had contacted the spammers ISP regarding the spamming, so surely he knows who the originator of the thread is. This was followed up in a later article ( snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.Com). Sometime thereafter, when the article began being crossposted tor rec.audio.car, RLB and I disagreed on a point of contention (as to wether such a device was capable of covering a wide enough range of codes). RLB began a rather viscous attack on my personally, calling me an asshole among other things (I've been called worse, so I did'nt think about it). Other people complained to his ISP, which does no good since he is his own ISP.

Soon thereafter, RLB begins to accuse me of spamming, despite the obvious content of my articles defaming such a devices feasability. The earliest article I could find of his accusations was NNTP-ID snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com. You can read this at DejaNews:

formatting link
Later, in another article, he merely refers to me as an accomplice ( snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com). This article too can be read at DejaNews.

formatting link

Further defamatory references are made to me in another article ( snipped-for-privacy@BassHome.com). This too can be read via DejaNews.

formatting link
In addition to these libelous articles, RL Bass has attempted to send letters to my ISP (who, quite frankly, is on my side in this matter), and has posted articles in rec.audio.car, alt.locksmith, alt.security, and more. He has even broken in on threads with off topic defamations.

While I was wrong in my initial assumption that since this 'gentleman' attacked me, that he must be in on the Code Buster spam thread, this does not excuse his vulgar language, lies, and harassment. I am under considerable strain, and do believe that his posting do constitute Libel and Defamation of character, both under North Carolina State Law, and Conneticut State Law. I don't think I'll need to go to the extent of legal precedings, since the only justice I need can come from my fellow RAC'ers. This little man does not matter to me as long as I have the support of the worlds finest newsgroup. I encourage you to either mail him ( snipped-for-privacy@basshome.com) and ask him to stop posting to RAC and mailing to Lizard, or if you so inclined, you can call him at his voice number (860 561-2020) and do the same. This 'gentleman' spends most of his time in alt.security.alarms, and I'm sure we'd all appreciate him staying there.

Reply to
Group-Moderator
Loading thread data ...

Robert L. Bass admits he hardly ever answers e-mail

Subject: Re: Robert Bass -- I'm trying to contact you From: "Robert L. Bass" snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net Date: 9/25/2004 12:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time Message-id:

Hmm. This is a thread from March, 2003. These idiots can't come up with anything else to complain about. :^)

If someone wishes to reach me they have only to call my toll free number between 10:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. I also work most weekend mornings and some evenings up to about 9:00 pm. However, the above poster is a troll whom I choose to ignore.

As to e-mail, forget it. I rarely have time to catch up on it. There's an auto-responder on my business e-mail server which directs folks to contact me by phone.

Regards, Robert L Bass

=============================>

Bass Home Electronics

2291 Pine View Circle Sarasota · Florida · 34231 877-722-8900 Sales & Tech Support
formatting link

begin 666 back_ani.gif M1TE&.#EA& `8`/P`,0```/___[N[NP```$1$1(B(B.[N[LS,S'=W=ZJJJIF9 MF55551$1$3,S,]W=W69F9B(B(@`````````````````````````````````` M`````````````````````````"'_"TY%5%-#05!%,BXP`P$````A^00%9 `` M`"P`````& `8```%PF @CJ21B(D@D&P;' 4\\;/@G1 MEFIG1SWSV6;,8K=9579"CIA.

Reply to
Group-Moderator

The Online vender operating under the names shown below has an UNSATISFACTORY RECORD with the BBB with 20 complaints in the past 36 months,

11 were closed in the last year. You decide.

Bass Home Electronics 4883 Fallcrest Cir Sarasota, FL 34233 Telephone: (941) 925-9747 Fax: (941) 925-9747

formatting link

formatting link

formatting link

See the BBB report on line before you purchase from this vendor.

There is a lot more to consider than just a low price when shopping on the internet. Don't become the next victim. SEE THE REPORT BELOW

formatting link

Reply to
Group-Moderator

I SEE THE KHEMO BROUGHT OUT MORE OF THE DEVIL THAT RESIDES IN YOU. DID YOU EVER PAY THE DIVORCE LAWER THE BALANCE YET? DON'T FOGET WHAT YOU DID AND SAID TO YOUR BROTHER ON HIS DEATH BED. YOURS IS COMING SHORTLY

Reply to
Group-Moderator

That does nothing to fix voip problems

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Doesn't do much to fix burglar problems either.

Reply to
Frank Olson

"MM" is how *you* refer to him as. No one else here calls him that (affectionately or otherwise).

"GoDaddy" doesn't provide anonymous hosting services, nor do they deliberately hide "who-is" information. That's handled through independent Registrars that specialize in that sort of thing.

Nope. That house is owned by his daughter and her "significant other". Try again.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.