Vista 20P - delete Comm. Failure message?

Code + OFF, Code + OFF will get rid of it for a while....

Then of course when test time rolls around (or an alarm signal) you'll get it again. Plug it back into the phone line...or deprogram the panel (take out the phone number it's dialing).

Reply to
Crash Gordon
Loading thread data ...

You're telling someone how to program not knowing their level of understanding of the product?...then you don't want him to blame you if he screws up?

Reply to
Crash Gordon

go into programming go nito section 41 and press * then go into section 42 and press * and then go into section 92 and press *, if u dont have a prog keypad then this is wat u do, Installer code + 800 + * + 41 + * + * + 42 + * + * + 92 + * + * {to exit programing press) * + 99

Reply to
Toni

I have a Vista 20P with 6170 keypad. It is not connected to a phone line. It keeps indicating "Comm. Failure" on the keypad. I looked thru the installation manual but cannot find how to disable the message reporting. How do I keep it from reporting this message?

PaulF

Reply to
Paul Ferguson

good.

you may want to go back in and do a *96 and then *99 out of there. That will dump the account number and reset the CSID. This may not be totally necessary but if the old alarmco set the panel up for remote access via Compass they could still access the panel unless you do the *96 or you could just unplug the RJ.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Thanks. I thought I had deleted the phone numbers but apparently not. I deleted them and let it alarm. I am no longer getting Comm. Failure messages.

PaulF

Reply to
Paul Ferguson

My point was you may have led the op into a mess of trouble when a few more questions on your part would have been in order.

I'm not being a dick, if I wanted to be a dick, I'd point out that you can't spell:

pompous what experimenting consequences

Ok, so now I'm a dick I guess.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Reply to
Toni

Hmmm, I kinda figured all along that it wasn't Crash.

If your mom named you Crash, it would have been likely it was because you were dropped alot.

On the other hand, if she named you Dick .........

Well, you could wind up being the main character in Franks story.

Reply to
Jim

heheeee... nah I was dropt onli onct but et waz frum bery highcup.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.