VISTA 15SE ?

What the heck is a Vista 15SE ??...the board says 15SE Rev 2.1 - 2000, but the programming sheet left in the box by whomever (system never programmed) is a Vista 15 (no alpha suffix). Am I looking at some oddball dealer program board? I'm going out there tomorrow with sheets for 15, 15P and a maybe a 10se...just in case but..I sure am curious.

System was put in a few years back (maybe 4-5) all the parts are there, xfmr still in panel...thing's never been fired up.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®
Loading thread data ...
10se...just in case but..I sure am curious.

System was put in a few years back (maybe 4-5) all the parts are there, xfmr still in panel...thing's never been fired up.

That's a standard Ademco/Honeywell board and as the name suggests its somewhere between a 10SE and a 20SE

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Turns out the label on the heat sink is misleading (Vista 15SE) it's not...looking on the chip it was WAV-15 Rev 1.4 .... Turned out to be a straight Vista 15 Even tech support had no idea why the label on the heat sink said 15SE.

Typical.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Embassingly...I had to call tech support on how to set my old 6139 to address 31 so I could program this puppy...yer right about forgetting! Why cant they just have kp address 1, 2, 3 ,4....simple?

Then I came home and tried to Compass it and it wouldn't let me on...is *96 a requirement on a virgin panel? I did't think so that's why I didn't do it.

I wonder if I can safely have the h/o do a installer code entry into programming then a *96, then re-enter acct number...oye...I don't feel like driving all the way back there.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Typical.

I guess I should have caught that since it's never been called an SE, my guess is it'll be one of those semi obscure panels like that 4120EC that you seldom run into since right after they introduced that they came out with the P series

Funny too how ever since the P series came out people forget how to program the other stuff, I can't tell you how often I've seen techs wondering why the keypads don't work at address 16 on a Vista-10SE :)

programmed)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Then I came home and tried to Compass it and it wouldn't let me on...is *96 a requirement on a virgin panel? I did't think so that's why I didn't do it.

Ademco/Honeywell tests the boards and sometimes a CSID gets programmed into it which is why they always recommend *96 even on virgin boards

I wonder if I can safely have the h/o do a installer code entry into programming then a *96, then re-enter acct number...oye...I don't feel like driving all the way back there.

I've done that many times, it's no big deal

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Why not? I do it all the time. :)

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

What? Drive back? Shit..this was practically a give away...didn't charge him hardly anything to get it working for the guy. Besides it's too freekin hot out :-)...and im lazy.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

ah sorry.

yah this guy is savvy enough to push buttons (some peeple aint)...I guess I'll give it a shot.

since i've gotten my Compass to work, I've gotten almost all panels copied...i have a few stuborn ones though, and I'll take care of them on next physical service visit.

I do want to Compass a few locals though...should I make up a set of weird account numbers for my locals? (I know it may sound weird, but I like to be able to make remote changes for clients, even the local guys)...or is there a better way? I'm assuming you have to ahave an acct number in to Compass it...right?

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Thanks...I got it going, sorry for unclearness.

My question really is...contacting local systems...do they have to have an account # (i think yes)? Trying (in my mind) to figure out how to group local acct numbers so I don't get them confusted with monitored accts.

==== The stuborn monitored panels will require me to go out an add remote ability or clear the CSID...since I hardly used to use Compass some panels werent initially programmed or have old CSIDs in them.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

No I meant walk a homeowner through programming over the phone. Afterwards I call the panel anyway and do a full upload. 8 out of 10 panels are just fine, excluding fields I did not instruct to change. I guess I give homeowners more credit than most dealers would. Now that many more people are computer literate, programming a low end security system is not a far reach at all.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

I can assist you to get Compass working. Contact me privately.

Jim Rojas (813) 884-6335

yah this guy is savvy enough to push buttons (some peeple aint)...I guess I'll give it a shot.

since i've gotten my Compass to work, I've gotten almost all panels copied...i have a few stuborn ones though, and I'll take care of them on next physical service visit.

I do want to Compass a few locals though...should I make up a set of weird account numbers for my locals? (I know it may sound weird, but I like to be able to make remote changes for clients, even the local guys)...or is there a better way? I'm assuming you have to ahave an acct number in to Compass it...right?

Reply to
Jim Rojas

sheet!...didn't know you could put alpha in the reciever number field...DUH on me! Thats poifect..Local as the reciever number. duh duh duh.

Thanks!

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

When creating an account, the first thing compass asks for is a receiver. Type in LOCAL then the next section can be account # 0001. This should keep them in some kind of order. Monitoring stations usually have a receiver # associated with all accounts.

Examples:

LOCAL-0001 is a local account (dialing nothing or your own personal receiver)

12-1243 is a monitored account (dialing 800-555-1212) E900-1277 is a monitored account on two way voice.(dialing 800-666-1212) E720-0312 is a monitored account using ITI format. (dialing 800-777-1212)

Each receiver # represents a different dialing number. You should keep the receiver #'s the same for all accounts dialing into the same number. The possibilities are endless.

Jim Rojas

My question really is...contacting local systems...do they have to have an account # (i think yes)? Trying (in my mind) to figure out how to group local acct numbers so I don't get them confusted with monitored accts.

==== The stuborn monitored panels will require me to go out an add remote ability or clear the CSID...since I hardly used to use Compass some panels werent initially programmed or have old CSIDs in them.

Reply to
Jim Rojas

You expect me to read that thing? :-)

....actually I did read it several times, but there's some stuff that is just not addressed...or maybe i missed or didn't overstand.

Reply to
Crash Gordon®

Thanks!

They gots this thing called an "instruction manual"... :)

Reply to
Mark Leuck

You're welcome.

Jim Rojas

Thanks!

Reply to
Jim Rojas

We don't need no stink'in manual.

Jim Rojas

Reply to
Jim Rojas

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.