VISTA 12D

Recently i did *97 1 at an Ademco Vista 12D panel in order to reset default values but after that the keypad is "dead"! It dispalys nothing! Any idea?

Thanks!

Reply to
proguard
Loading thread data ...

never heard of a 12 D but if default command went thru it probably does not recognize the address for the key pad.

most newer series panels need first initial keypad set at address 16 or 00 if not the display will be blank.

check address by pushing and releasing 1 and 3 together if not 16 or 00 then power down keypad power up hit 1 and 3 together release press in correct address then star and it should display default data properly.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Thanks dear Nick. I put keypad at address 16 and it works again. At address 00 it displays nothing. So it works only at add 16. After *97 the keypad went at address 17 thats why. Thanks a lot.

Reply to
proguard

Good deal the higher end panels Vista 32 and up use the 00 not sure what you had.

Reply to
nick markowitz

That makes sense. The other company I worked for had a standard thing where we would program the system keypads to 17 and up, reserving 16 for a programmer keypad temporarily connected at the panel. (We used the FA

168CPS - sounds like you have a Vista 20P or something similar)

That made it easier for service guys later and allowed the installer to work right from the head end.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

=CE=B7 =CE=BA=CE=B5=CE=B9=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80= =CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE= =B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

I am trying to add 3 keypads, one 6164 icon at add 16, and 2 others

6148 icon at add 17 and 18. They work only addresses 16 and 17. i cannot find another address to work...
Reply to
proguard

=88=CE=B7 =CE=BA=CE=B5=CE=B9=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF= =80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8=CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

=CE=BC=CE=AD=CE=BD=CE=BF=CF=85 =CF=83=CE=B5 =CF=80=CE=B1=CF=81=CE=AC=CE=B8= =CE=B5=CF=83=CE=B7 -

That's because no other address appears to be enabled.

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.