V20p with wierd installer code

Has anyone ever found an installer code that went something like this: 0 , 8 , 0 , 10 . The ten is not a mistake. This code was in a board that we had once tookover-had not been locked out by the original company. We do lock them out so that no one will tinker with any of our programming while we are monitoring a system. It is a liability issue with us. The renter moved out and a new guy moved in. He went with the old company. He moved out and the newest renter called us. Thinking this would be an easy 'retake-over', the board was found to be locked out. Did not have our old code in it. So another board was put in and this one was "examined". First, there was no way for the original company to have known our installer code for 'this' system. After tinkering with it without knowing the code and not using software, we were able to get into it to read the "supposed new code" of the original company. That is how we got the 0,8,0,10. We hit #20 several times to make sure.

The 10 can only be put there by using *20 0 8 0 #10. So the question is this, Why would the original company put this in and how can they get back into programming after having done something like this? You cannot key in

0,8,0,#10 8,0,0 to get into programming. Tried it, didn't work. So.....for the clever and wise and learned ones in this audience, I await your response to this riddle. This should get some mileage out of these posts.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
E DAWSON
Loading thread data ...

I don't know much about Ademco/Honeywell or if you can enter alpha characters in that location but in some panels an "A" = 10

Reply to
Jim

Sounds like you have one of the private label honeywell panels they made for one of the big companys

Reply to
NickMark

I've never seen that. Maybe it's to keep local programming locked even from the service tech's, downloadable programming only? Perhaps they don't trust their contractors/employees to hand program.

If that is a *feature*, it's new to me.

Reply to
G. Morgan

It's an odd way to do it since you can lock someone out by downloading although I doubt they knew that was possible so maybe this was the only thing they thought would work

Reply to
mleuck

not have our old

"examined".

knowing the code and

We hit #20

So.....for

one of the big companys

Private label Honeywell panels are no different than standard panels in this regard

Reply to
mleuck

My guess:

1. A newbie installer with real fat fingers.
  2. Same newbie using Compass for the first time.
  3. Line noise corrupted installer code change.
  4. There is no 4.
  5. Modem disconnected in the middle of a download.
  6. Disgruntled ADT authorized dealer.
  7. Brinks Home Security wants the homeowner to pay 0 to use the system as a local, or they will destroy their credit score.
  8. Homeowner found the manual on the internet and tried changing installer code on his own.
  9. The panel is possessed. The panel recognized the end of the world is coming on Dec 21, 2012, and is taking appropriate countermeasures.
  10. All of the above... ;)

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax AOL: rojas813 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219 GoogleTalk: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com
Reply to
Jim Rojas

Hi Jim,

The board is from a small regional telephone company. It is a normal V20p. I am sure you are aware of how it all works. In location 88, option 3 is made to lockout local programming. Does this option create the '10' in last digit of the installer code by default? Just thought that you would be the person to know.

Did you figure out how the code was broken without downloading software and not knowing the code? Even knowing the code beforehand of 0,8,0,10 would not have made it possible to get in anyway with "installer code + 8 0 0 with a keypad. No code breaking/resetting device of another company was used to get in either. That's the riddle.

By the way, I am the one that sent you some Gamewell Flex programming last year. Would you want the Flex 410 also? Let me know, it's in a homemade spreadsheet format after finding a way into it.

Reply to
E DAWSON

I thought that the power down power up and holding "*" & "#" got you in without installer code on Vista stuff.

Has anyone ever found an installer code that went something like this: 0 , 8 , 0 , 10 . The ten is not a mistake. This code was in a board that we had once tookover-had not been locked out by the original company. We do lock them out so that no one will tinker with any of our programming while we are monitoring a system. It is a liability issue with us. The renter moved out and a new guy moved in. He went with the old company. He moved out and the newest renter called us. Thinking this would be an easy 'retake-over', the board was found to be locked out. Did not have our old code in it. So another board was put in and this one was "examined". First, there was no way for the original company to have known our installer code for 'this' system. After tinkering with it without knowing the code and not using software, we were able to get into it to read the "supposed new code" of the original company. That is how we got the 0,8,0,10. We hit #20 several times to make sure.

The 10 can only be put there by using *20 0 8 0 #10. So the question is this, Why would the original company put this in and how can they get back into programming after having done something like this? You cannot key in

0,8,0,#10 8,0,0 to get into programming. Tried it, didn't work. So.....for the clever and wise and learned ones in this audience, I await your response to this riddle. This should get some mileage out of these posts.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Just Looking

Not if it's locked out in Compass.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.