usb serial compass

OK I got the specific USB to serial adapter they call for to be able to use compass software keyspan hs19 loaded driver set software up everything loads correctly modem appears to initialize but mode does not go off hook also noticed when modem initializes the lights on modem to not change around like they normally do. any suggestions

Reply to
nick markowitz
Loading thread data ...

Not running any version of Vista I hope? Okay it is my understanding that the Keyspan USB to serial adapter is mostly for the 4100SN. What brand modem are you using? What COM port did the Keyspan land on? Is that the same port you set the modem to in Compass? More information is needed.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Using a 1200 Hayes and it landed on comport 3

Reply to
nick markowitz

Okay. If it is on COM 3, is it in both the computer settings and in the Compass software as COM 3? Do you see the USB device COM port 3 in the computer's device manager settings? Do you have the USB device COM port setting correct to like 8-1-none for example? What baud rate do you have the COM port set for in the device manager setting for the USB device as well as the software utility for the device? Do you see the Modem in the computer's Control Panel under modems? Have you tried to add the modem there? Did you do any diagnostics there? Is there any other download program running or any other software that could be "grabbing" the COM port away from Compass?

Reply to
Roland Moore

The keyspan unit works great. Just make sure the keyspan utility points to the right com port. Com 1 or 2 depending if your comouter has a built it modem. You have coms1 thru 4 to choose from on Compass.

Jim Rojas

Roland Moore wrote:

Reply to
Jim Rojas

unit was showing on comport 7 ran the utility and put it on 4 and seems to work fine thanks for all the help

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

Glad you got it working. If you use another downloading software or USB to serial device, be ready to do that little change the COM port routine again and again. Once fixed it doesn't stay fixed.

Reply to
Roland Moore

Reply to
Nick Markowitz Jr.

I've had great luck with the Keyspan adapter for several different makes/models of panels. More success across many manufacturers with the Keyspan adapter than any other.

Reply to
Michael

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.