universal IP communicator

Greetings Group,

We're looking for a universal IP communicator that doesn't require a subscription to another service.

(ie.. AlarmNet)

If so can it handle a CID data stream?

Tks,

RTS

Reply to
RTS
Loading thread data ...

At one point Arizona Security Control had their own. It would work with a static internal IP or a dynamic IP. Minimal programming. Just wire it up and plug it in to the LAN.

Sadly I think they quit making it and started telling everybody to use the much more expensive DSC IP communicator.

I found it was a huge pain to use IP communicators. To many other people who could screw things up. IT guys who think they are smarter than everybody else, or worse. IT guys who aren't that smart so instead of working with other vendors they are hyper protective of their network to the point of hurting their own customers or employer. Obviously network traffic, and internet traffic are an issue as is the ISP itself. And then there sis the office hack who thinks he's an IT pro. I just went over to cellular and stopped offering IP communication at all. Cellular proved to be more reliable long term for me, and I had more control over everything. If I didn't get a customer who insisted on cheap over good it didn't bother me.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

ip modem?

Re: Ooma I have a customer that has the Ooma phone system in his home. Initially he had some problems and called me about how to wire line seizure. He didn't w ant me to do a service call because he's real cheap. I didn't hear back fr om him so 1) he was able to fix it. 2) He thinks he fixed it and sometimes the call gets through and sometimes it doesn't because of the inconsistenc y of VoIP. 3. H thinks he fixed it but didn't.

Signals are still getting through but he has radio backup ?? ?. so ?? ?

Reply to
Jim Davis

We are using the Cellular units from Napco widely..

But we do have a few "really" cheap customers that want to use the IP..

about...

like you said IP phone service can varies widely from vendor to vendor..

and time of day to time of week...

That's one of the reasons I was questioning the Ooma unit.

(Their tech seems to think their compression software is the best on the current market..)

formatting link

I'm not even sure if it's available in the US..

Tks,

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

Reply to
RTS

ip modem?

These Arrowhead units are popular in NZ, although we really dont use them m uch, as its dependant on the clients network always being 'UP'. Im sure th ey will ship them overseas for you. Any Contact ID panel will generally wo rk with it. Requires a CSV IP receiver (software), but you can download th at for free anyway.. The software ttalks to any standard Automation softwa re.

formatting link

cheers

Graeme

Reply to
gra.mckenzie

We'll give it a look see..

RTS

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.

Reply to
RTS

ip modem?

NetTalk...you can even download panels with it.

Reply to
jimrojas813

interesting, might give it a look see.. Tks,

Reply to
RTS

?? ???????, 22 ??? ????????? 2018 - 8:22:45 ?. ?. UTC+3, ? ??????? RTS ? ?????:

know

ernet-communicator-e10

Voip modem?

he had some problems and called me about how to wire line seizure. He didn 't want me to do a service call because he's real cheap. I didn't hear bac k from him so 1) he was able to fix it. 2) He thinks he fixed it and somet imes the call gets through and sometimes it doesn't because of the inconsis tency of VoIP. 3. H thinks he fixed it but didn't.

??. so ?? ?

Trikdis works excellent even by GPRS (sim card) or by ethernat via lan. I d on't know if they are available in US but they are stable, easy to programm via usb cable and Trikdis config software, or via it's software and intern et using the s/n to connect. It's a cloud connection and you can configure it very fast and easy remotely. It has the protegus app that you can connec t and take commands arm/disarm, pgms etc totally free. Also the app send pu sh notifications with the events you want or all of them that cid can send, parallel with arc. Gprs can send also sms, push notificatiosn and arc all together. Another popular global communicator in EU is villbau vbip-g but i t has not app and its not cloud. You have to port forward to access it remo te...

Reply to
spyros

tks agn for the info. will give it a look see as well..

Reply to
RTS

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.