Universal Healthcare Passes

Loading thread data ...

RHC: It has always amazed me how the US is one of the few countries in the civilized world that doesn't provide some measure of basic health coverage for all it's citizens. Glad to see you've decided to join the rest of the world....:}}

There was someone who once said that you can judge the worth of a society by the measure of how well it treats it's poorest citizens. Dunno who said it, but I personally think it's certainly one valid measure.......

Reply to
tourman

It's amazing how such a backward society such as ours has the most advanced health care in the world without resorting to what you more advanced countries have

Reply to
mleuck

RHC: Yes, your health care is excellent, but everything costs FAR more than others charge, due to the involvement of insurance companies and the profit seeking drug companies. The truth is the best quality health care is found in certain Europoan countries, all government run.

You guys don't trust governments to run things. So be it. The truth is no system is perfect but government run health care does work, and works well. And no one has to bankrupt themselves to get health care.

To each his own.. I'll stick with ours any day of the week thank you.....

Reply to
tourman

why did your prime minister came here for his heart surgery then?

Reply to
Bob

as of 21 March 2010

Reply to
Rockytsquirrel

We DO provide basic health care. Besides Medicare/Medicaid, no one is turned aways from emergency rooms, there are clinics, either state run, charity run or both, in just about every county. Most states have programs for kids from families who can't afford insurance - it's just a matter of finding/utilizing these opportunities. Some folks are just too lazy to go collect their freebies, they want 'em delivered to the door.

It was bullshit that we HAD to rush, rush, rush and jam through a bill that doesn't provide ANY benefits for several years. Why not? 'Cause the guy shoving it down our throats KNOW it's crap and wants to be out of the way of the shrapnel when we finally get a taste of it.

I have been to third world countries and seen the poor there. I have sen some of the poorest in this country. The poor here have far more resources and opportunities than I have seen in other places. I think we score pretty good by your measure.

In fact, our "poorest citizens" HAD health care. There were some people who "made too much money" to get medicare but not enough buy insurance. Those people slipped through the gigantic cracks in the system caused by government toadies - the same toadies we are now saying are going to be the saviors of us all.

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Wow! They actually did something for "We the People" for a change!

(Instead of the usual attention to large corporations and foreign governments...)

Reply to
Bill

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.