Unauthorized Resellers - LOL

formatting link

I notice that Tre-Dead's e-tail front company made the list.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

I'm sure you noticed "who else" is on the list .... too.

I always thought that he wasn't supposed to be selling Napco on line but there was no way to prove it.

Reply to
Jim

You do realize that list really is just lip service to the dealers who install right? The only way Napco can prevent somebody from selling products is to create a vertical authorization process, and refuse to sell to those who break it. I believe their biggest distributor is Tre-Dead now and Tre-Dead is drop shipping product (if its not truly just a front company as I suspect) directly to end users for one or more of the companies on that list...

I'm not making idle conjecture of course. I actually ordered product to be sure, and it arrived with a Tre-Dead shipping label.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

ADI does the same thing for Online business....

Reply to
Russell Brill

Well, I really didn't think about it but I'm sure you're right.=20

Brick and mortar businesses are being used by the public to show the produc= t and then people go to the Internet and order. If it continues there's goi= ng to be some big retail companies that are going to go down. I foresee tha= t the government will eventually get involved and I expect that in the futu= re we'll all be paying a flat tax on Internet purchases. Otherwise no one w= ill be able to run a brick and mortar business at a profit.

Reply to
Jim

was no way to prove it.

But

But

RLB was such friends with Napco wasn't he? Gosh he knew the engineers and everything...helped design the stuff, got them coffee and bagels!?!

BUAHAHAHAHAHAAH! What a putz

Reply to
mleuck

You do realize that list really is just lip service to the dealers who install right? The only way Napco can prevent somebody from selling products is to create a vertical authorization process, and refuse to sell to those who break it. I believe their biggest distributor is Tre-Dead now and Tre-Dead is drop shipping product (if its not truly just a front company as I suspect) directly to end users for one or more of the companies on that list...

I'm not making idle conjecture of course. I actually ordered product to be sure, and it arrived with a Tre-Dead shipping label.

Reply to
Just Looking

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.