Uh-Huh?

After spending about 20 minutes explaining to a lady yesterday how an alarm system works she said,

"I don't think we want the monitoring, but the cellular part sounds like a good idea."

Sigh!

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

P.S. I got the darned job. Double sigh. And the neighbor.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

So sell her the cellular unit with a "free" alarm system :)

Reply to
mleuck

Heh, heh, heh... :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

She probably heard "celery".

Reply to
Frank Olson

:^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

RHC: Have fun training them.....:))

Reply to
tourman

"Okay, let me see if I got this." She says after a painstakingly detailed, key by key explanation of how to arm the system - and then she goes on to randomly press approximately three times as many keys as you had just demonstrated, two of them being on the telephone mounted about a foot from the keypad. Which is actually an improvement over the last three attempts as this time there was no use of ANY of the buttons on the dishwasher, AND she seems to now understand that it is not necessary to start her car before trying to arm...

And then there's the 2AM phone call - "No ma'am, that's not the alarm system, that's a car alarm outside."

"Are you sure, I never heard this sound before I had the alarm installed. Couldn't you just send someone out t be sure? Oh... and there's no charge for this, right? I mean, after all, it's YOUR alarm..."

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Last beep I had to track down was 1 soft beep every 2 minutes.

Small row home, narrowed to the kitchen area.

Had to call in better ears than mine so I had my wife stop by the house.

With the three of us it took 45 minutes track down.

Turned out to be the dishwasher door was open.

Some days it does not pay to get out of bed. :-)

Reply to
ABLE1

I'm curious, what's the cell module going to do besides hang on the wall :-o

Reply to
Russell Brill

Hmmm... Sounds suspiciously like an AlarmFarce system.

Reply to
Frank Olson

"Yep I found the beeping. No I can't help you. Your paper shredder is jammed up."

How the heck do you jam up your paper shredder and not know it?

Reply to
Bob La Londe

er shredder is

Dogs don't eat homework anymore. They put it in the paper shredder.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.