UDACT Programming - Notifier

I just got a monitoring contact for a business with a Notifier NFS-320. It' s monitored now using an AES network. I'm not set up to do AES. Any ideas h ow I monitor this panel. I'm assuming I need to hook up a UDACT and program it. Any other ideas out there? Thanks for any help!

Reply to
CVFE
Loading thread data ...

Throw a TG-7FS cellular communicator on it. If you can't hit two towers use the remote antenna.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

P.S. A TG7FS is not cheap to operate. You may find you underbid.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I take it there are no phone lines available?

Does the AES network use dialer capture or inputs triggered by the FACP?

If the AES transmitters use inputs then its likely that the OPs Notifier does not have a UDACT installed in which case I don't think a TG-7 could be used without installing a UDACT-2 or a slave dialer of some sort to feed into the TG-7

The DSC 3G3070-CF sole path communicator does dialer capture and also has inputs that can be triggered by the trouble and general alarm outputs of the Notifier NFS-320 panel

formatting link

I recently had to bid on monitoring a Fire alarm that was using an old Ademco radio, the panel only had trouble and alarm outputs and no dialer, my first thought was the TG7 but it didn't have any inputs, only dialer capture. The only sole path communicator I could find with inputs was the DSC, so my bid was based on that.

I can't tell you if its any good or not since I didn't get the contract

Doug

Reply to
doug

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.