TV Alarms Suck

I'm watching an old episode of episode of NCIS LA right now, and they show a keypad with a green ready light on and say its armed. Then they swap some wires around in a crude box on the outside of the building to disable it. LOL. Sigh.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

The movie " Thief " with James Cann from early 80's comes the most genuine to how alarms where taken out pre digital dialer days. as well as how they cracked safes etc.

another good one to watch is 30's " Night Key " with Boris Karloff as an alarm inventor who gets ripped off and gets his revenge.

Reply to
nick markowitz

Panel on the outside? Must have been an "authorized dealer"...

Reply to
JoeRaisin

Probably ADT.

You know ..... they show the house ith their ads, with all the numbers running around the outside of the house. I mean .... how easy could it be to just put something in the way of one of those rows of numbers and ...... you're in!

Reply to
Jim

I liked the time during the sopranos that FBI just takes out the alarm box on outside of his home so they can plant a bug. actually Ademco made such a control and bell many years ago which was for warmer climates. to protect barns etc.

Reply to
nick markowitz

From Pittsburgh stealers? Who'd a thunk!!

Reply to
Frank Kurz

If anyone has one for sale, please contact me ASAP.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax AOL: rojas813 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219
Reply to
Jim Rojas

If anyone has one for sale. Please contact me ASAP.

Jim Rojas Technical Manuals Online!

formatting link
Cornwall Lane Tampa, FL 33615-4604

813-884-6335 813-440-6653 Fax AOL: rojas813 MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Yahoo: jimrojas ICQ: 20116219
Reply to
Jim Rojas

That was bad

Reply to
nick markowitz

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.