Troubleshooting a Ademco Vista 20P Sensor problem?

Hi,

I am a novice to alarm systems. But had ADT install a smart secure pro 3000 in my house. I understand this to be a Ademco Vista 20P.

My problem is that last week some repair guys came and replaced a door in my house. While I was away, they removed the sensor and moved it to the new door.

since then, the keypad has reported "check zone 12". I've tried entering my code plus "off" 2x as per the manual to reset zones. It doesn't work. I've tried moving the sensor around while my wife keys in the reset codes.

I tested the battery with a multimeter and it's fully charged. At this point, I just don't know what else to do.

Can you advise me please?

Thanks

Reply to
Brad Isaac
Loading thread data ...

They probably didn't install the magnet in the replacement door. Look in the door frame for a round dot about 1/3" in diameter or on the door frame for a surface mounted, rectangular piece. Hold a magnet next to the sensor to see if the "check zone" disappears. If so, install a magnet next to the sensor and all will be well.

It is also possible that they cut the wire. If so, you'll need to find and repair the break or call ADT to service it.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Robert,

You have made my day! Thank you. They reinstalled the little plastic rectangle thing. But when I pulled off the top there was no magnet inside it. A small magnet in the case fixed it right up.

Thank you!!

Reply to
Brad Isaac

You're most welcome.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.