Tom's aiming for the "Big Time"

From Security Systems News

formatting link

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

formatting link

Maybe now he'll buy a shirt with a collar instead those tank tops he loves to wear.

Doug

Reply to
Doug

RHC: I wish him well; however, I hope he knows what he is doing and has thought this venture out properly, realizing all the downsides. Any time you deal with renters, or bad credit customers, they have no stake in anything and feel little obligation to follow through if it doesn't suit their purposes.

Reply to
tourman

Do they make tank tops with collars?

That ... a nice paisley tie and a long tail tux jacket, ought to do it.

Reply to
Jim

Well, it's always the person who takes the chance with something that another wouldn't touch, that can make the quantum leap to success. And Tom's the kind of person that can do it. If not...... he'll bounce back and try again. That's just the way he is.

As is often said. Every failure is just another learning opportunity.

I remember a story about Thomas Edison ( don't know if it's true or not but,). He was being interviewed about his experiments with the electric light bulb. The interviewer asked him about the thousands of different materials he had tried to use as a filament that failed and why he didn't get discouraged? Edison said that he just learned 1000 ways not to do it.

There's another story about one of the largest janitorial suppliers in the US. ( don't remember the name of the company now) The founder of the business was working his way through college and couldn't find a job in a college town. He got a mop, bucket and cleaning materials and went to all the local gas stations and offered to clean them each week for a small fee. No one else would do it ..... so

He just cashed in on something that no one else would ever have done.

Sometimes it works. It all depends if you're willing to take the risk.

Reply to
Jim

RHC: You're right, there is risk and then there is risk. Fully knowing the risk and taking the chance anyway is the sign of an entrepreneur. Not knowing the risk and taking the chance anyway is the mark of a fool. Tom certainly is not that, so lets hope he has done his homework and things do work out for him

Reply to
tourman

I hear he has a bunch of tank tops with the tie and jacket already silkscreened on...

Reply to
Frank Kurz

_________________ * / \ * ** \ / ** _____________________ / \ | Security Systems News® | | --> REPORTS ! From Security Systems News

If any of you looking for a way to generate piles of cash on days when you're not handling existing clients, this deal is just awesome. It is perfect for customers who rent houses/townhouses and apartments.

Apartment complexes in a very dense area are easy to pepper with mailers and coupons. Then a follow-up with an old-fashioned 'door knock". On the day you go walk the property to introduce yourself to 300 renters and get 20 orders to complete the next day!

I won't discuss pricing here, but if you have not called Tom yet... you better. Geographic areas are only allowed a few dealers based on a population ratio. I think this program is going to kick some serious alarm-ass.

I'm working on gearing-up and hit this untapped market hard. I've installed exactly ONE alarm in an apartment while working for one of the big-3's (heh, don't have to guess. I worked at all three at one time or another).

I think the only reason Pee One put it in, was because she unfortunately was a recent crime victim. I don't think they ever expected to recover the installation fees or ever break-even. It was a community "freebie",

*I* certainly didn't ask for any money.
Reply to
G. Morgan

Last time I put my ego aside, I got married.

Reply to
Jim

It's also attractive to start-ups because they can get paid weekly, cash-flow is a huge deal for a new company.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
OnlineAlarmQuotes

Well the deal keeps getting sweeter!

Reply to
G. Morgan

Reply to
OnlineAlarmQuotes

Reply to
OnlineAlarmQuotes

I just wanted sex!

Reply to
Jim

Hey Tom!

Do you know who you're talking to here?

You sayin that you can "close" Bob?

Bob's ALREADY closed.

He's closed so tight he farts at frequencies that only dogs can hear.

Reply to
Jim

RHC: Yah, plus my wife!! I keep telling her, the higher the pitch, the sweeter the smell (but she doesn't buy it....)

Reply to
tourman

Yea until you realize Tom is behind it

Reply to
mleuck

Reply to
OnlineAlarmQuotes

OH NOOOOooooo!

I can just picture the two of you......Tank tops and spandex bike pants walking the mall looking for a Toco Bell.

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.