Those Who Have Come and Gone

I have been working on a modestly large network cabling job the last few days. Usually for the larger jobs I just buy the wire I am going to need, and for the smaller jobs I use the wire I have on the shelf. Well, things haven't been that busy for network cable jobs, and I decided to go through the shelves and see what I had in partial boxes. Turns out I had more than enough for the job. I have Cat 5e cable from a range of years, distributors, and manufacturers. Some of them aren't even in business anymore. Seems in this business I have outlasted a lot of distributors. I think I'm going to go in the house and pour myself a cold one in my King Alarm beer mug. Now if I only had an Arius shot glass I'ld toast my luck and survival with a boiler maker. LOL.

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Before Arius weren't they Consolidated Security Supply, or something close to that???

Reply to
Russell Brill

Let me see. Defensive Security Southwest (in good ole Jasper Texas, where you'd better look like Casper to stay alive - those boys up there aren't right) I remember going into all their branches and seeing a big, I mean really big, like 44 double D sized bra hanging over the font door that said "Thanks for your support". Another thing that was always on sale at the front counter was a "portable ground device". It consisted of a zipper sandwich sized baggie full of dirt and a big nail with bare copper wire wrapped around it and a lead extending out of the baggie. No one has a sense of humor anymore so I doubt that kind of thing would ever make it in today's corporate environment. Alarm Supply Richardson's Electronics Arrowhead Distribution Even guys that used to sell alarm parts, like North Supply, aren't doing it.

I have been working on a modestly large network cabling job the last few days. Usually for the larger jobs I just buy the wire I am going to need, and for the smaller jobs I use the wire I have on the shelf. Well, things haven't been that busy for network cable jobs, and I decided to go through the shelves and see what I had in partial boxes. Turns out I had more than enough for the job. I have Cat 5e cable from a range of years, distributors, and manufacturers. Some of them aren't even in business anymore. Seems in this business I have outlasted a lot of distributors. I think I'm going to go in the house and pour myself a cold one in my King Alarm beer mug. Now if I only had an Arius shot glass I'ld toast my luck and survival with a boiler maker. LOL.

Reply to
Just Looking

North Supply used to be Sprint North Supply. They had a 17 page credit ap and wanted copies of my in house financial before they would let me buy from them with a credit card. No surprise there... LOL. When I told them there was no way I was turning over my in house financials they said they didn't want my business. Not kidding.

Didn't know Richardson was gone. I used to do a bit of business with them, but they let go the one guy there that would make sure I got what I needed and I let them go. Well, I just never got around to ordering from them.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Richardson's Electronics itself isn't gone

formatting link
Richardson's Electronics sold their alarm distribution business to Tri-Ed. So now there are no more 'National' branded cameras out there on the market.

North Supply used to be Sprint North Supply. They had a 17 page credit ap and wanted copies of my in house financial before they would let me buy from them with a credit card. No surprise there... LOL. When I told them there was no way I was turning over my in house financials they said they didn't want my business. Not kidding.

Didn't know Richardson was gone. I used to do a bit of business with them, but they let go the one guy there that would make sure I got what I needed and I let them go. Well, I just never got around to ordering from them.

Reply to
Just Looking

Speaking of Tri-Dead. Who bought/took over who with the Northern Video merger? The last couple years until they started planning the merger Northern Video had finally started giving me decent service.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

The official line I get from Tri-Ed is that it bought Northern Video. I haven't asked anyone from Northern that same question. Tri-Ed is a place you can walk into a corner someone. Northern was always a phone call or an email deal. What honest answers can you get from an email or over the phone anyway?

Speaking of Tri-Dead. Who bought/took over who with the Northern Video merger? The last couple years until they started planning the merger Northern Video had finally started giving me decent service.

Reply to
Just Looking

According to these reports, neither Tri-Ed nor Northern bought the other one out. Both entities were aquired by an investment group who subsequently merged them together.

formatting link
formatting link
formatting link
Doug

Reply to
doug

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.