The first time in over 20 years.

I just use a lot of snakes. I find that with the "loop" wire attached to t= he end of the drill bit, lots of times the wire wont slide through the hook= in the end of the grabit when you're trying to pull it and I've got to cra= wl into the eave anyway or make a trip back down to loosen up or make the l= oop bigger. With the snake, I "snap" it off the roof and the snake is long = enough to reach where it's easy to grab or crawl. Although sometimes the ro= of is too low a pitch to do that and the insulation too high to see the loo= p. That's what happened with this job. low pitch roof, lots of insulation, = so I had to make a stick with a long screw in it to pull back the insulatio= n so I could see the loops.

Reply to
Jim
Loading thread data ...

I used to make my guys put a tape marker on their drill bits to prevent that. Now I don't have any guys. Got tired of working overtime so I could afford to pay them.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com... > Well, I did something the other day that = I haven't done in over 20 - 30 > years. > > I was drilling a window up to t= he attic and drilled through the roof. > > DAMN!!!!! > > Fortunately it was= an older ranch that someone was renovating so after > everyone had left, I= was able to go back and tar the hole. Embarrassing!! I used to make my guy= s put a tape marker on their drill bits to prevent that. Now I don't have a= ny guys. Got tired of working overtime so I could afford to pay them.

Yeah ...... you noticed that ..... huh?

Reply to
Jim

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.