The Fire Alarm Experts strike again?

Working in a building down on smallman street i n the strip district section of pittsburgh reinstalling a phone system went to cut away a bundle of old phone wire to make room for new KSU and fire Alarm goes off sure enough the front pull station and bell were wired with 4 conductor phone wire when pittsburgh requires metal raceways. Fire dept showed up fire prevention after them to take pictures and report and company that did work is one of the big ones here. Makes you wonder what these techs were thinking when they did that job bell was mounted upside down and niether bell or pull box had back boxes behind them either.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz
Loading thread data ...

We lost a bid for a commercial deal (Subway Deli/Carvel) to ADT but the reason why had me laughing. The owner chose ADT because I refused to match their offer of installing a Vista20 panel, 2 doors, 1 motion, 1 glassbreak, and a HEAT detector. I offered any other device not related to fire but no dice. The owner was deadset on getting a "FIRE alarm system" thrown in, and since ADT was the only one willing to do it they were choosing ADT. This is in NYC mind you.

Nick Markowitz wrote:

Reply to
Everywhere Man

I walk away from ones like that a lot. Same for 6000 sq ft homes that call for at least 8 smokes and the client only wants one to qualify for the insurance discount...nope sorry you buy what's called for or no smokes at all.

| > -- | > Nick Markowitz Jr. | > Owner | > Markowitz Electric Protection | > Private Industry Fire Investigator. | > Qualified Electrical- Fire Alarm Contractor | >

| > Contributing Editor Pa. Firemans Magazine | >

| > Senior Correspondant

formatting link
| > Contributor
formatting link
| >
formatting link
| > Contract Broadcast Engineer WAVL 910 AM apollo Pa. | >

| > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- | > ---------------------- | > "To error is human to realy foul things up requires a computer" | > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- | > ---------------------- | > Irish Diplomacy | >

| > The ability to tell a man to go to hell and he tells you how much he is | > looking forward to taking the trip. | >

| > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- | > ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- | > ---------- | > If a job is so simple a Monkey can do it The Monkey usally does a better job |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

What makes this worse this was a full commercail fire system they used phone wire on.

Reply to
Nick Markowitz

Yeah, I get that sometimes. 3500 sq. ft. two-story house, and is tossing in a smoke detector. One. Uno. Great.

What does NYC have to do with it? Try getting a fire alarm system approved in Carlsbad. Then talk to me about your pussy NYC regs. Hah. js

Reply to
alarman

Yup. I just lost one in Coronado last month cuz the owner wanted heats in the kitchen and garage. No smokes. He didn't like the way they looked.

It was a block from the nicest beach in town too. Shit. js

Reply to
alarman

I hate when companies run one deuce to one AC electric smoke and the client wants his AC smokes interconnected to the alarm system...I won't do it period.

Reply to
Crash Gordon

Funny you you say that. Check out the thread(s) in CHA about this.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Ditto!

Reply to
Frank Olson

And you said you'd have to check on a few things and "get back to me".

Reply to
Frank Olson

And I have not run into the fire marshal yet.

Reply to
G. Morgan

You're welcome.

-G

Reply to
Don

Reply to
Everywhere Man

Local 3? We tell unions to piss up a rope. The only Union I do business with is the 76 station down the block. Hey, local 3: blow me.

That's Carlsburg. (Yech) js

Reply to
alarman

If you actually read what I said you'd see that although it's *not* against code to do so, it's simply not something I'd recommend anyone actually do. Unfortunately when I get into something like this with Robert the actual point gets missed a lot of times.

Reply to
Frank Olson

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.