The auto contact

I understand your thinking on this. However, some folks are good at what they acually do (say for example, installing and selecting alarm equipment) but totally inept at writing HTML code. I always prided myself on offering good products but it took me a long time to learn how to build an online store that's easy to shop and (I think) user friendly.

I don't doubt that. I have nephiews who can code circles around me. However, they don't know squat about alarms and home automation. One converse example is my old nemisis, Mike. He actually knew his stuff about alarms and could put together a decent system. He couldn't "sell" though because he came across as an oaf in person and he had the Web design skills of an ape. His prices were competitive on most stuff though he subscribed to the "@#$*% you" school of customer service. :^)

People who rely on their "education level" as proof of the rightness of their position in online debates usually turn out to be inerudite morons.

That is true.

Reply to
Robert L Bass
Loading thread data ...

You're paying too much. They give high-volume clients better prices. Perhaps Monitronix doesn't order much. :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>

Thats ADI's normal price not ours

Reply to
mleuck

even if the BBB rates them F?

formatting link

Reply to
KingFish

Yeah, sure. ADI displays only one price when you log on -- your price. They don't also display a "normal" price. Nice try though.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I didn't use the ADI site either, you are a funny person to talk about pricing

Reply to
mleuck

Uh-huh. Sure.

I only said you're paying too much. Then you started dancing the twist.

Whatever.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

I don't really need to use the website since the nearest ADI is less than a block away (that shouldn't be too hard for even you to verify using Google)

And I won't bring up Monitronics (sorry Monitronix) pricing in this newsgroup although I'm pretty sure it's lower than yours

Reply to
mleuck

I was just having some fun with you.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

Thats ADI's normal price not ours

Order them from the ADI's in Florida. The product is at the $100 mark.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Odd that Florida would be lower, it looks like a nice product although when it triggers the car is gone. The DeWalt Mobilock might be a better product, I had one for quite a while and was very impressed

Reply to
mleuck

The developer has been sending me more information since this thread started and this morning sent me more pictures, it's a large rubbery pad with space for a wireless sensor, can also be hardwired.

Looks like an interesting product

Reply to
mleuck

Odd that Florida would be lower, it looks like a nice product although when it triggers the car is gone. The DeWalt Mobilock might be a better product, I had one for quite a while and was very impressed

True enough, however, I am looking at it for other applications. Tracking vehicles as to the times of vehicles coming and going (teenagers). That classic car that is used when you're not around (notification). Patrol cars that never move from their parking area when tours are supposed to be done or not back on time. Or even a tour check point (recorded time) etc. etc. Can this be circumvented? Of course. Point is, using one's imagination, there are other uses besides theft. I look at it as a quality option to offer as a solution for a particular need.

Reply to
Bob Worthy

Do they make a version for recumbent's? :^)

Reply to
Robert L Bass
0pVvKSspfXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

Have you used TheAutoContact ? If so how did it hold up? I checked with the BBB and TheAutoContact is not rated a F. Why would you say all of the bads things about a product?

Reply to
NewInstaller

He's not talking about the AutoContact.

The AutoContact manufacturer is not rated poorly by the BBB as far as I know.

He's in a personal feud with a group participant and it has nothing to do with the product in thread.

Reply to
G. Morgan

nX0pVvKSspfXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com...

I've looked at it, for what it does it's an excellent product

Ever tried the recessed sensors?

Reply to
mleuck

He's not in a feud. That would require more than one person to participate.

Reply to
Robert L Bass

True.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Not true

Reply to
mleuck

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.