THANK YOU VERY MUCH

If you are one of our very many customer who always pays your bill on time or even before the due date...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

However if you are one of the growing number who is paying late and letting your bill go for months we have to let you know:

1. We are being left no choice but to exercise our right to cancel service in a much shorter time period than we have done so in the past.

1. We will be employing more aggressive collection methods possibly including the use of a collection agency. Something we have never done in the past.

Sincerely, Robert (Bob) La Londe - Owner

****** The Backlash ******

The above notice went out on every single invoice this month. The response was pretty good actually. We have received payment from several past due accounts that I expected to write off, and a much larger number of people than normal paid their bill as soon as it arrived.

Of course I got the one angry phone call too. The one who isn't going to pay his bill, canceling his service, and by golly he's to darn busy to send a cancellation notice, if his word on the phone isn't good enough I can just go stuff it. How dare I send a personal nasty note like that to him.

Sigh!

Reply to
Bob La Londe
Loading thread data ...

Bob,

Is that copyrightable?? I have been looking for similar words but just have not gotten there yet. I really get tired of making phone call reminders when they are 2 month late. And then the surprised voice that they did not know. That is after the late payment reminders.

Permission request, may I use your words in my next billing??

Thanks for your consideration.

Les

Reply to
ABLE1

RHC: Yup, about right ! When I was doing the same kind of normal billing, I had endless troubles collecting from people as well. Some mean well, but they are just are not businesslike enough to even run their private lives properly and as a result, you don't get paid until you remind them again and again. So several years ago, I went to automatic billing ONLY ...void cheque on a bank account, or a credit card.

Like a breath of fresh air !!!!...very few problems now. Those who come for a new system go auto billing or they go to someone else.....no exceptions ! And surprisingly, virtually no one has had a problem with this since they are already paying many of their other bills this way. I save literally hundreds of hours a year not having to do manual billing, worth far more to me than the time minority of customers who likely go somewhere else for service.

When I sent out notices to people that this was the only way we intended to do future billing, I braced myself for a flood of cancellations which never came ! I lost only one customer and this was my own fault because I got huffy with her and she got pissed and bailed! If I'd handled her correctly, I don't think I would have lost even that one.

Food for thought......

Reply to
tourman

Have at it. By the very nature of having written its that its copyrighted, but anybody who wants can use it at their own risk.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I wonder how that works when you/I post to Usenet, wouldn't anything be "fair use" unless specifically stated?

Reply to
G. Morgan

Post conditions like a notice at the end really have no affect. Something posted for educational or informational purposes can be possessed by any of the places it normally propagates too, but that does not necessarily allow verbatim use in another media without permission. Paraphrasing or totally rewording would make that null and void, but often the precise wording and style of an item is what makes it effective. Since I said, "Have it. Feel free to use at your own risk," then it really doesn't matter anyway.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.