TG-1, Honeywell Dialers, and Uplink - Help: Which one should I choose?

I'm currently searching for a new monitoring service and radio device. I currently have an Ademco Vista 10SE panel. Sometime back I switched from standard line-line service to VOIP. I know there are a few VOIP monitoring options on the market (i.e. NextAlarm). However, I'm not too sold on the reliability of my broadband network. Additionally, I want to keep my system functioning in the event of a cut line or power failure. I have spoken with a ton of monitoring companies and I have read read a bunch of forums; all have led to some good suggestions. I'm still at a crossroads, however. There are so many options on the market. That is why I decided to ask the experts here on this forum. The main devices I'm currently looking at include:

1. Telguard TG-1 -
    formatting link
    Honeywell AlarmNet-C replacement models 7845GSM & 7845i-GSM -
    formatting link
    Uplink Digicell 1500 -
    formatting link
    I'm not too keen on the Uplink, as it only reports burglary and fire. The TG-1 seems to be more mature than the Honeywell product. On the flip side, I'm sure the Honeywell products have a ton of really cool features as a result. (I'm not to familiar with AlarmNet either.)

Here are my requirements:

• Easy to install - I will be installing myself (most likely). However, I am open to getting help if this prevents me from finding the right system.
  • Full reporting ability - I want the ability to report panic, burglary, fire, etc..
  • Radio service - I am in search of a radio service as my primary means of connectivity. GSM, GPRS, SMS, etc...
  • Widely adopted - I'm looking for something that is compatible with most monitoring services. I don't want to be pigeon hold into a specific service.

I'm sure there are many other products that fit my needs outside of the ones I listed. I, by no means, consider myself an expert on this subject. I am only armed with the information I have found on the internet the last two days. Therefore, I am very green. Any help will greatly be appreciated.

- Keith

Reply to
ktcred
Loading thread data ...

Reply to
Roland

You are referring to the Sunset Clause, correct? I thought the AlarmNet-C was going away. I also thought the TG-1 replaced the TG100 which was an analog system.

Reply to
ktcred

formatting link

1. It looks like the TG-1 is the answer to the FCC changes.
  2. Additionally, the Honeywell (Ademco) 7845GSM product fulfills the FCC obligation and it runs on the AlarmNet-G network.
  3. Lastly, I believe the AnyNET product from Uplink can send all signals, but I can't verify. There is little information about this system since it is so new:
    formatting link
Reply to
ktcred

Nope the TG-1 and Honeywell units are brand new GSM's, the only one obsolete is the Uplink

Reply to
Mark Leuck

Telguard TG-1, TG-4, and TG-7 are GSM.

Reply to
G. Morgan

Nope- the AnyNet is far from obsolete!

Reply to
secure15

Mark was referring to the Digicell 1500. Sounds like we are all in agreement that the following are new/FCC compatible devices:

1. TG-1
  2. 7845GSM
  3. AnyNET

The question still remains: which one should I select for residential service? What makes one better than another? I saw some things about the 7845 where you can remotely config the device. Does this mean it gives you access to disable/enable (alarm.com functionality) or does it mean an installer can help with the initial configuration? I am leaning towards the TG-1 for the following reasons:

• Seems to be a standard and widely used device
  • Monitoring companies tend to charge less for this service than the AlarmNet service (from 6 to 10 dollars more per month for AlarmNet service from quotes I have received)

However, I really d> Nope- the AnyNet is far from obsolete!

Reply to
ktcred

Reply to
Roland

He mentioned the Uplink 1500 which IS obsolete

Reply to
Mark Leuck

For the 10SE #1 or #2 will work

Reply to
Mark Leuck

How will a diy'er buy any of these services anyway?

| > Nope- the AnyNet is far from obsolete! | | He mentioned the Uplink 1500 which IS obsolete | |

Reply to
Crash Gordon

That's the million dollar question.

Reply to
G. Morgan

He never asked, so perhaps he has a way we don't know about. Perhaps he'll tell us.

Reply to
Roland Moore

You just have to make the right friends. Actually, there are a few monitoring companies that will help me out with the equipment.

You know the saying: if there is a will, there is a way.

- Keith

Reply to
ktcred

Cabling-Design.com Forums website is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.